Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BattleTag MagpieMcGraw-2483

My fellow wizards, what do you do against reflects?

I've picked my wizard up again, and I'm having a blast plowing through inferno on mp0. I just hit a problem from time to time, and it's bosspacks with reflects damage. I just die to them, and it feels like there is nothing I can do.

Now when I was playing a barbarian, I had enough leech from my belt and my weapon to outleech the reflected damage. when I was playing the demon hunter, I just activated gloom, and boom - problem solved. But what do you do as a wizard to overcome it?

Impart me your wisdom!

IncGamers Member

Re: My fellow wizards, what do you do against reflects?

I have a LL weapon and I use blood magic, for a total of 4.4% life leech. Pretty much solves the problem.

Depending on your build, diamond skin - crystal shell can help. Also just in general higher armor/resists helps.

I'm relying on Max arcane power and Arcane power on crit on my wand. It's hard to find a wand that has those stats, damage AND life leech. I really miss my mighty belt.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Randalar-1109

Without LL on weapon you are toast. No bones...I went with a bigger stick for my archon and blood magic is just not enough unless you control how much damage you are doing (only hit one at a time, short bursts and refill on globes, etc.). Get LL on weapon so you don't have to do this!

I bought a new wand with 3% life leech, but without arcane power on crit. It does heal me up quite well, but now I'm always short on arcane power. I find myself unable to do enough damage to elite packs fast enough to get health globes to drop, which are my other source of arcane power. I saw there was a thread on this forum about wizards being underpowered...

IncGamers Member

Most of us are farming with archon spec, so AP is irrelevant.

BattleTag InsaneAction-1921

Run Blood magic and pick up a ring with some LoH. Use well timed Diamond Skin and never pick up Health Globes unless you need them. They don't go away so leave them there to kite back to later.

I need the arcane power since I'm quite in love with various flavours of meteor. I've bought a ring with 400 LoH earlier today, and now I've also bought a wand with leech and arcane power on crit. Things are looking better. I no longer hopelessly die to reflects.

The reason why I'm so attached to my arcane power mods, is because meteor is my only damage spell. When it works, it's glorious.

Thank you all for the feeback!

EDIT: Just in case anyone has any extra suggestion that require seeing my gear, here is my char:http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M...3/hero/5306012
    Last edited by Pijus; 26-11-2012 at 07:02.

I was just about to make a reflect damage thread lol! Ok, so it seems the answer is 3% life leech (2-hand is kinda stupid, imo). What 1-hander is the best to get for life leech? What should I search for on the auction house? I just got up to 77k and I'm just now starting to feel the effects of my higher dps when I'm doing reflect mobs.

Link to my char: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...0/hero/3811259

BattleTag InsaneAction-1921

Quote Originally Posted by psyadam View Post
    I was just about to make a reflect damage thread lol! Ok, so it seems the answer is 3% life leech (2-hand is kinda stupid, imo). What 1-hander is the best to get for life leech? What should I search for on the auction house? I just got up to 77k and I'm just now starting to feel the effects of my higher dps when I'm doing reflect mobs.

Link to my char: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...0/hero/3811259
    If you change out Force Weapon for Blood Weapon you should be good. Seeing as you have "Regenerates 1825 Life per Second" the added 1.5% LL should make it so you can stay in the fight longer.