Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

WW Barbarian - 50 million budget - Thoughts on potential improvements?

Profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M.../hero/14030472

I recently sold a few decent items so I have enough money to try for a big improvement on my WW Barbarian. The eventual goal is to get to 100k damage unbuffed, and while I may not get to it this upgrade cycle I certainly want to make some progress.

From my own perspective, I want to either upgrade the IK Helm (since it was a cheap-as-chips buy when I hit Level 60) to a better one or trade out for a Mempo (which means I have to get more Crit Chance from somewhere, possibly a new amulet or ring?). Getting IK Chest might work as well, and if I keep the Helm or buy an upgraded one I can get the 3 set bonus. Upgrading my boots or off-hand is also a possibility. So many options...

Any suggestions?

IncGamers Member

Re: WW Barbarian - 50 million budget - Thoughts on potential improvements?

I think you need more crit chance, especially if you are going for a unlimited fury build- I'd see if you can get some on your rings or amulets. If you can get an extra 10-15%, that will help you generate a bit more fury per second. It might also be enough to get your dps to 100k+.

As for weapons, it depends on whether you want 2-1handers, a 2-hander or use a shield (to get extra crit chance). Either way should be ok for damage. If you want to stick with 2-1hander, I'd say to look at a replacement for your off-hand- I think a higher dps with ias and maybe life steal should be doable.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by 0blique View Post
    As for weapons, it depends on whether you want 2-1handers, a 2-hander or use a shield (to get extra crit chance). Either way should be ok for damage. If you want to stick with 2-1hander, I'd say to look at a replacement for your off-hand- I think a higher dps with ias and maybe life steal should be doable.
    A faster attack speed on his offhand, even with lower dps, would most likely increase his actual (not screen) dps more than a weapon with more dps in its description. Dagger, sword, or an axe or mighty weapon with ias. I agree that more critical hit chance would be nice, though. I prefer not to go below 40% even with a mighty weapon in the main hand. He should be able to improve his belt very easily, too; he doesn't even need vitality on it, with as much hp as he already has; more mitigation/healing would do more for him than having so much hp.

IncGamers Member

Well, thanks everybody. I decided on the following:

- Sold IK Helm and replaced with a Mempo of Twilight for the Increased Attack Speed.
    - Sold Amulet and Left Ring and replaced with new Amulet and Ring with a combined total of 195 Strength, 105% Critical Hit Dmg and 10% Critical Hit Chance (among a few other things).
    - Sold Boots and replaced with IK Boots.
    - Sold Chest Armour and replaced with IK Chest Armour, partly because of the 3 set-bonus and partly because...well, why the hell not? Anyway, that added +100 Strength and some resists at the cost of a hefty chunk of HP.
    - Sold Belt and replaced with Belt with less Strength but the same Vitality and 2.5% Life Steal (for a total of 5.5% when passives are added).

The effect has been pretty spectacular. I've gone from 75k to 95k dps on paper at the cost of about 9k life (which is more than compensated for the melee damage reduction from IK, extra Resists and life steal). I can now do MP4 pretty comfortably, although I still haven't quite plucked up the courage for MP5. I think for my next upgrade I'll either get a new off-hand, and/or get Perfect Star Emeralds in both weapons to bump me up to that final 100k milestone. Then I'll probably run some ubers and call this Barb finished. I always wanted to start a Demon Hunter anyway... Cheers.
    Last edited by EducatedOgre; 25-11-2012 at 06:36. Reason: l