Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Which game is better for you?

Voters
354. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

251 70.90%
  • Diablo 3

103 29.10%
Page 65 of 166 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Diablo 3 Complaints

Game is full of bots.

Every single public game has bots

Banned

As of 21.11.2012, I'm making a kicksin and conc barb on ladder. I didn't buy D3. Tell me more about "nostalgia factor".

I can't tell you about your nostalgia. What I can tell you, however, is that not buying D3 is probably the wisest thing you could do. The game blows, they removed everything that could potentially make the game fun to play.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

I had fun with playing it for a couple of dozens of hours, so when considering the money per play time ratio, it was a good game in my eyes. I played it more than most other games, but not as much as my favourite game... and far less than D2 which I played for about 10 years. Perhaps Blizzard can find a way of making it interesting again for me. I'm ready for that and if they bring out an expansion, I will probably buy it.

I don't know what it was like at the beginning of D2 (I started with D2 when the expansion was out), but I know that there were a lot of comeback players later.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    I had fun with playing it for a couple of dozens of hours, so when considering the money per play time ratio, it was a good game in my eyes. I played it more than most other games, but not as much as my favourite game... and far less than D2 which I played for about 10 years. Perhaps Blizzard can find a way of making it interesting again for me. I'm ready for that and if they bring out an expansion, I will probably buy it.

I don't know what it was like at the beginning of D2 (I started with D2 when the expansion was out), but I know that there were a lot of comeback players later.
    What you said, makes D3 look like a spit in the face for true D2 fans.

IncGamers Member

Sorry, this game cannot hold my interest

It seems with every patch the same: I go back to playing, my empty friendslist fills again a bit (not to it's former glory, but still). I play 1-2 weeks, see all the new things, find some things, sell some things, buy some things; then the friendslist empties slowly, I play less and less, until I simply don't want to log in anymore.

Even when it has been said a thousand times before: The game's core is flawed. Paragon levels were a badly designed emergency fix to not totally lose the whole lot of players. Did Blizzard even think about the future of Paragon levels? What about the xp packs?
    Anyway, the game is still a FisherPrice'd Diablo2 and will always be if Blizzard doesn't change things radically.

This is actually the first Blizzard game I have to force myself to play. The best guess is probably to pause until the first expansion is out. At the moment, it's just not fun.

IncGamers Member

Re: Sorry, this game cannot hold my interest

No one is going to be mad at you if you stop playing something you don't find fun. Cheers.

IncGamers Member

The thing is, there's nothing else to migrate to. D2 is too old-fashioned and clunky now... I mean there's little skill involved, no shared stash, too little players left, no possibility to get a 250 drop (however remote it is in D3, it's there), the nearly game-breaking bugs and imbalances are still there... The good things about D3 are good enough that D2 is obsolete in my eyes, but the bad things about it are bad enough that it's too boring to play consistently. It's the worst of two worlds, and I don't see any remedies on the near horizon.

IncGamers Member

Yeah, there is something rotten in the game, its not something that a simple patch can fix and even an expansion would have trouble to remove this "feeling" that Diablo 3 has, it all so... souless.. Its like a rewatching a Michael Bay movie over and over, Its hard to explain, its just a bunch of design ideas that were tacked on a genre that doesnt support it, boring stat stick items, max level endgame content, drops being adjusted to be so minimal so it doesnt affect the AH, greed, incompentece...

I did try to give it a try on this patch, but it just got me depressed, maybe because a good sequel to Diablo2 would have been so easy to do with Blizzard's manpower, I never expected everything to misfire this badly.
    Last edited by Kiroptus; 24-11-2012 at 01:57.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    There is a giant difference between "people who loved the bad parts of Diablo2" and "veteran niche."
    Let's list the bad parts of Diablo 2:

* Art was terrible. Monster design was terrible.
    * Level layouts were terrible.
    * Stat points were poorly implemented.
    * Synergy system implemented later on was done poorly - should have rewarded you for investing into a single skill tree, not some redundant or inferior skill you won't be using.
    * Mana regeneration in the early game is too slow. It was absolute torture when merchants didn't sell mana potions.
    * Melee gets pretty screwed on survival and is therefore massively gear dependent.
    * Bosses were poorly done and poorly paced.

Diablo 2 is not a good game. We all know that. The bar is on the floor.

It goes without saying the genre is specifically designed to appeal to the male hunter-gatherer mind. The gorny theme is a requirement in the genre. It's literally, "go outside, murder some stuff, gather the riches. Oh, and if it's your sort of thing, here's some math to play with." Which naturally simulates our ancestral business of throwing sticks at animals, eating them, and developing better ways to murder animals. All in a soothing environment that doesn't have flashing strobe lights and metal scrapping metal nonstop.

Anyone making one of these kinds of games either knows that instinctually, or has no idea what the hell they're doing. Diablo 3 isn't a poor diablo clone. It isn't even the same genre. It's a FrontierVille clone.

Jesus christ. We wanted DoDonpachi Sai Dai Ou Jou, they give us Space Invaders. No one wants to play Space Invaders any more.