Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What makes you have a break from Diablo 2?

It would seem that most (although I imagine Fabian never has a break, how can he with that berserker sat waiting for him, or Cyrax with his 99er sept to complete) people take a break from D2 every now and then. I'm wondering, what do you do when you have these breaks?

For me, it's usually when another game comes out (happened with D3, Skyrim, TL2 and Dark Souls) and I play through that, and then just come straight back to Diablo 2. I never take a break for the sake of taking a break, it's always caused by something else.

Re: What makes you have a break from Diablo 2?

Deeds.

And RL. But mainly deeds.

Women!! Its always something to do with a woman when I stop playing...

IncGamers Member

Computers dying!

Or maybe when I run out of character ideas I'll take some time off.

Quote Originally Posted by smilts View Post
    Women!! Its always something to do with a woman when I stop playing...

Your mum turns off your computer and tells you to "get some fresh air", doesn't she?

Not my mom but same difference right..

Deeds can really take the wind out of ones D2 flow. I'll spend a half year just reading the forums, gathering inspiration and lust for itamz, then get right back on it, usually after summer fun times are over.

I realized the inherent brokeness of everything in the game, and the only way I can play is if I fix those things, but then I realize the even greater effort required to fix all the things, so I just don't do any of it.

I also realized that it's a huge timevampire that I can do without. Because there's a lot of work to do, more great books to read, and even just other video games that I haven't ever tried out because I was stuck sitting in front of Diablo 2's build puzzle.

Despite the heap of things keeping me away, I'll break all of them if one of my friends ever asked me to run with them through the game. Multiplayer is great enough to make me forget all about the previous things, for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by MYK View Post
    Despite the heap of things keeping me away, I'll break all of them if one of my friends ever asked me to run with them through the game. Multiplayer is great enough to make me forget all about the previous things, for a little while.
    This. The last few times I restarted was to play with a friend.

Its hard to say, I've played off and on I don't know how many times, all of the times before this though I played on the realms, and only played SC, but this recent time I never really stopped, I just kind of transitioned into the SP HC community. I'm actually starting to go back into decline though, I can't seem to get myself to play right now unless I'm MPing with some of the other forumites, I haven't done a magic find run in about 3 weeks outside of multiplayer. I think its just the business of life really. Played in my highschool days, went to college (activity dropped), settled into a house (activity picked back up), leaving me at my current state, getting ready to start a family and just really busy times at work has pretty much dried up my extra time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.