Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: guys give wkl a shot

I don't use wkl because it has retarded mods that you need a guide to understand what they mean and when you finally figure out what they mean you have to read another guide to know how to do the maths to calculate how much dps you would get out of it. Then you have to spend another couple hours comparing that weapon with your current to see which one is better.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.................

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    I don't use wkl because it has retarded mods that you need a guide to understand what they mean and when you finally figure out what they mean you have to read another guide to know how to do the maths to calculate how much dps you would get out of it. Then you have to spend another couple hours comparing that weapon with your current to see which one is better.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.................
    Prime example of how "simplifying" by showing only the "necessary" information in the game actually have made things more complicated :P

IncGamers Member

The bug that gives only black dmg to be applied from +x%elemental dmg got fixed in 1.0.5. Also it applies to anything. Still most of you don't know what you're talking about T_T Btw, I know exactly how wtl works and what to do to maximize the dps while using it and how to calculate it but is a WoT that most of you will not even read couz is "too hard/too obscure ecc" so... Why bother? Surf the internet, theorycraft about wkl are already there and can be found on battle net board.

BattleTag Sass-1761

Bug Fixes
    The order in which you equip gear with a Legendary affix to add bonus Elemental Damage will no longer cause your damage output to change
    Mara's Kaleidoscope can now correctly roll 3 random affixes in addition to its 3 fixed affixes
    Fixed a bug with Nagelring and Unity legendary rings which caused them to not drop
    Fixed a bug where Mempo of Twilight could not roll 170-200 of a primary stat
    Fixed a bug where several +X damage item affixes were not correctly applying to skills
    These affixes include "Cold skills deal X% more damage", "Increase damage against elites by X%", and "+X% damage to beasts"
    NOTE: This bug fix will apply to all existing items and will not require new items to drop.
    Close, but it wasn't the "skills" that is the issue. It is the "x as y element" that was the problem, and has not been addressed; at least not in the official patch notes. No mention of weapon damage or its application to elemental damage.

Also no mention of what we're talking about or links to the magical answers that aren't in the Theorycraft section (they all say exactly what's been linked here)... Besides, the way this is / would be applied is nothing compared to Assassin IAS conversion.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ban Jo View Post
    The bug that gives only black dmg to be applied from +x%elemental dmg got fixed in 1.0.5. Also it applies to anything. Still most of you don't know what you're talking about T_T Btw, I know exactly how wtl works and what to do to maximize the dps while using it and how to calculate it but is a WoT that most of you will not even read couz is "too hard/too obscure ecc" so... Why bother? Surf the internet, theorycraft about wkl are already there and can be found on battle net board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sass View Post
    Close, but it wasn't the "skills" that is the issue. It is the "x as y element" that was the problem, and has not been addressed; at least not in the official patch notes. No mention of weapon damage or its application to elemental damage.

Also no mention of what we're talking about or links to the magical answers that aren't in the Theorycraft section (they all say exactly what's been linked here)... Besides, the way this is / would be applied is nothing compared to Assassin IAS conversion.
    From what I recall reading on the forums around patch time, the specific bug they fixed with those affixes is how the extra damage was calculated; in 1.04 and previous, the extra elemental damage was based on the weapon's minimum physical damage x2, not the average of the weapon's physical damage as it should be. I'm too lazy to look up the specific blue post, but I think it may have been by Lylirria (however you spell it).

Quote Originally Posted by Ban Jo View Post
    Can you back your statement about this being fixed with a link to the source of these information please?

there are two different elemental damage affixes and two different "Fixes" being discussed in this thread.

the +x% elemental skills damge only applies to skills that have that element as a base and as quoted earlier was fixed as was not being applied correctly.

the adds x% to Y element adds x% of Y element to your base damage, originally this added to your minmum physical damage this was changed to add x% to your minimum physical and x% to your maximum physical damage so instead of increasing your minimum damage by X% it now increases total physical damage by x%, this change was made o 1.05 and I belive this is the "Fix" that "Ban Jo" is incorrectly refering to.
    it does do more than it used to and increased the value of black weapons, it also is why most CM wizards go for non Triumvirate off hands, the x% does very little for their Chantodo's (fastest possible base weapon speed apoc weapon).

Zerker