Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Re: So... How high do you think Brimstones will go?

On the Americas AH they're about 13k right now I think... :-\ they're about as useful as ever with 1.0.7 though, so I have no clue when they dropped so low.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

Toug, I think it's because people were holding on to a surplus of FBs to see what changes Blizzard would make in regards to FBs gaining more usefulness. There was a time when the 1.0.7 recipes were announced right before the 1.0.7 PTR was released and Lylirra let it be known that Brimstones would be part of those recipes; this was when the prices on Brimstones skyrocketed as high as high 30k if I recall correctly, and then within a 48 hour period or maybe less time, they were back down to "normal" low 20k to high teens levels. Now they're fluctuating with a steady downward decline over the last week and a half or so and again, my guess is that it's because people are trying to sell off stockpiles of Brimstones either now that they've made their amulet of choice or they are so fed up with RNG they've given up on crafting.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
    Toug, I think it's because people were holding on to a surplus of FBs to see what changes Blizzard would make in regards to FBs gaining more usefulness. There was a time when the 1.0.7 recipes were announced right before the 1.0.7 PTR was released and Lylirra let it be known that Brimstones would be part of those recipes; this was when the prices on Brimstones skyrocketed as high as high 30k if I recall correctly, and then within a 48 hour period or maybe less time, they were back down to "normal" low 20k to high teens levels. Now they're fluctuating with a steady downward decline over the last week and a half or so and again, my guess is that it's because people are trying to sell off stockpiles of Brimstones either now that they've made their amulet of choice or they are so fed up with RNG they've given up on crafting.
    This is off topic, and yes, I did create a forum account to reply to you-
    Miss Katniss, I just wanted to say that you look awfully good in that profile picture holding you're bow. Kinda makes me want to hop a plane to Massachusetts and try to get a chance to take you out for drinks or something. If you're interested, I'll check this inbox randomly

Anyhow, my apologies for interrupting this conversation. Please, carry on.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Quote Originally Posted by Tibblestrum View Post
    This is off topic, and yes, I did create a forum account to reply to you-
    Miss Katniss, I just wanted to say that you look awfully good in that profile picture holding you're bow. Kinda makes me want to hop a plane to Massachusetts and try to get a chance to take you out for drinks or something. If you're interested, I'll check this inbox randomly

Anyhow, my apologies for interrupting this conversation. Please, carry on.
    Oh boy.

Anyway: So far, there were 2 times where I failed to act on opportunities in D3.
    1) Brimstones were 80k, then a patch got announced and they jumped to 200k for a few days. Could've made around 20millions if I sold right then
    2) The great gem-duping of our time. All Radiant Stars were 3-6mill/pc. I bought enough to equip every possible slot on my char, but I should've bought as many as I could and sell them now. I would've made OVER 300 MILLION

I'm going back to crying now.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Before the patch announcement I had bought a whole stash tab of brimstones at around 20-25k each. I had hopped to sell them all for over 100k each, but the recipes weren't as good for them as I'd hoped they would be. Ended up selling them for around 35k each on average, so still not bad.

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    2) The great gem-duping of our time. All Radiant Stars were 3-6mill/pc. I bought enough to equip every possible slot on my char, but I should've bought as many as I could and sell them now. I would've made OVER 300 MILLION

I'm going back to crying now.
    I kick myself every time I looked at the gem prices and thought they would stay that way. So silly. I bought them whenever I needed a new one for a socket, but only stocked up on like five extra total and never sold them because I still eventually need them. Wish I had just bought tons of Emeralds, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Hahaha, I don't even know how to respond to Tibblestrum, so we're just going to let that sit there.

IncGamers Member

imo it will change as soon as blizzard patches crafting. (like the value of crafting mats changed drasticly when crafting got patched the first time)
    - The price (in gold) will depend on the amount of gold on the servers and how important the material is for the "new" crafting. I find it most likely to believe that the least useful material (and thus the least gathered) will become of greater importance, to give the players a new incentive for farming. New mats are also highly likely imo.

...And to get rich you should not play d3 the game, you should play d3 the auction house and flip items.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhao View Post
    ...And to get rich you should not play d3 the game, you should play d3 the auction house and flip items.
    (Conversation I imagined happening)

"Yea, I'm a D3 gold millionaire"
    "Oh cool, so what paragon are you?"
    "Paragon?! I don't actually play the game, I just play the AH and collect a fake currency that I don't use"
    "Oh... um, so why do you... never mind"

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
    Hahaha, I don't even know how to respond to Tibblestrum, so we're just going to let that sit there.
    If I ever have you on the podcast he'll be *really* surprised to hear your voice, too.
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by tougeznut View Post
    (Conversation I imagined happening)

"Yea, I'm a D3 gold millionaire"
    "Oh cool, so what paragon are you?"
    "Paragon?! I don't actually play the game, I just play the AH and collect a fake currency that I don't use"
    "Oh... um, so why do you... never mind"
    ot, i know, but still - the socalled fake currency could be sold for real money - a freind of mine made roughly 2000 eur flipping items on the ah/rmah over a period of 4-5 months, and bought himself a very real new gaming computer for the moneyz...