Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Multiplayer Game names and such?

Any word on bringing this back? I haven't seen this talked about much on the boards. It stinks to want to make a multiplayer key run game or uber run game and you never know if the players joining are coming for straight runs or leveling, or maybe even there for the quests. And vice-versa. It was so nice in D-2 if you wanted to do a "Chaos run" you could just search it and join. Now you never know what the players your joining with are there for, until you join, ask, then find out that because you wanted to stop for key warden and need 1 more nv stack that you'll have to do it by yourself because the others are on their way to (fill in the blank).

BattleTag mordell-1747

Re: Multiplayer Game names and such?

The in-game friends system is much, much better than in D2, and I suppose the devs think this makes up for that. If you want to key run a group, start a key running group. Try the player matchup forum.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnickerSnack View Post
    The in-game friends system is much, much better than in D2, and I suppose the devs think this makes up for that. If you want to key run a group, start a key running group. Try the player matchup forum.
    yet you can't use the ingame chat to organize the group. Such a group would have more than 4 members, better would be like 40 to constantly do runs. With a group this size you need a good chat to actually start a run, and ingame is the best option(other option would be mainly voicechat).

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by pulli View Post
    yet you can't use the ingame chat to organize the group. Such a group would have more than 4 members, better would be like 40 to constantly do runs. With a group this size you need a good chat to actually start a run, and ingame is the best option(other option would be mainly voicechat).
    I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean to address the OP?

Why do you need 40, and why do you need to "constantly" do runs? It's not like more than 4 people can do the Übers anyway. Doesn't it make more sense to be in a group of 4 and farm the keys you need to open 3 portals.

IncGamers Member

Because 4 are never online at the same moment? Even if everyone played 2 hours daily and you made sure you're all from say europe & online during the evening, that's still only a 50% chance that you will be all 4 online together. Let alone be all AT THE START of a session online together.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Because 4 are never online at the same moment? Even if everyone played 2 hours daily and you made sure you're all from say europe & online during the evening, that's still only a 50% chance that you will be all 4 online together. Let alone be all AT THE START of a session online together.
    Shouting. Very classy.

Maybe you should give the topic some thought before posting anymore. You aren't saying anything related to what the OP asked.

Oh. I do runs with the same 3-4 people all the time, but I guess that's not too common. Anyway I've seen many people looking for other people for übers in various chat channels in game. It's probably not as good as a channel in D2 was though. I still don't think you need 40 people though, I mean people killing übers need a certain quality of gear(if you want to kill them at at least MP5) and thus time investment. But still I consider named games preferable to the auto-join thing that is currently used, eventhough I always either play alone or with friends, never with strangers.

IncGamers Member

I did say something in response to you: you said that the necessity for named games is not needed as chat is very well in the game. I simply state that it is needed, unless chat gets improved (so you can make your own rooms).

BattleTag mordell-1747

I did say something in response to you: you said that the necessity for named games is not needed as chat is very well in the game. I simply state that it is needed, unless chat gets improved (so you can make your own rooms).
    Sigh. OP asked about why there are no named games. I suggested that maybe the devs thought the improved chat was enough. Do you even read the whole thread before posting?

Also notice how I was trying to help the OP....