Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Getting rid of Resistances.

So i was hanging around DiabloProgress and after a quick look on world's best DPSer monk i noticed a nice fact: Almost everyone on top 200 (mabye even more) have a total of no more than 300. http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/d...ganaws/1649120 That's my monk page and shows a total of 493 with a pretty low dps (compared to world's best).

I wanted to ask you:

WHEN is time (and how) to get rid of Resistances to have a better DPS AND much more VITALITY ????

I mean all of theese ppl i mentioned have Inna's Pants and Chest with 0 res... and MOST of them have no LIFE STEAL on hands.

Tnx for advices

P.S. Mabye i should post this on Theortcrafting?

IncGamers Member

Re: Getting rid of Resistances.

Uh That site only takes into account all resistance, not the bonus resistance of one with everything.

Considering most monks have at least 33% of total res in single element resistance, a value of 400 should mean around 600 all resistance in game.

IncGamers Member

Not sure it might be the best move to get rid of some resistance and OWE yet, but just might be when blizzard finally tells us what the hell they want to do with the damn passive and maybe fix some of the others. It's a good way to get loads of survivability.
    However, I have already started getting rid of OWE and do not have that much left at all. When farming, I play without OWE and seize and I love it. Much more fun to play around with the other passives (even if they're all quite boring and bad) but you do need good gear, good dmg and high allres and armor so it doesn't come cheap and is probably much worse than sticking with OWE.

I really want some info on what is planned for the monk next patch...

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    If you want top dps you really can't afford to have resists on everything. You certainly can't afford to have OwE + AR.

And I mean afford in 2 ways:
    1. It's crazy expensive.
    2. Items get a limited number of extra affixes.

You don't really need much AR/armor when you one shot everything and can take down elites in less than 5 seconds.

IncGamers Member

There's this idea a lot of people have that if you're ascending to some upper tier of gear you're maximizing damage by ignoring resistances, HP, armor, magic find, movement speed, or whatever other important stats that aren't damage. I guess this is because the most expensive items on the AH tend to be the super-focused damage only items, but then you have to wonder where the end game is. Is the end game your damage ranking on diabloprogress.com? Maybe. But as soon as PVP exists the new end game will be how your character competes against others. Maximizing ANY single stat at the expense of others will make an incomplete character.

My current theory is that PVP will introduce some form of a resilience stat (like in WoW) to massively cut crit chance and damage, possibly through a new color of gem that isn't in the game yet. You can pay 1bil for your sweet 10% crit chance/100% crit damage/0 resists amulet, but if a very likely change like that goes through it might not be the best use of your farming time in a few months.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by doganaws View Post
    So i was hanging around DiabloProgress and after a quick look on world's best DPSer monk i noticed a nice fact: Almost everyone on top 200 (mabye even more) have a total of no more than 300. http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/d...ganaws/1649120 That's my monk page and shows a total of 493 with a pretty low dps (compared to world's best).

I wanted to ask you:

WHEN is time (and how) to get rid of Resistances to have a better DPS AND much more VITALITY ????

I mean all of theese ppl i mentioned have Inna's Pants and Chest with 0 res... and MOST of them have no LIFE STEAL on hands.

Tnx for advices

P.S. Mabye i should post this on Theortcrafting?
    Work out what you want to do with your character. With low resists and no life steal those high DPS builds will get hammered by high MP ubers, or any high MP Reflect elite. They probably have equipment to switch out for those runs and the high DPS is just for fast low MP farming.
    Consider what bases you want to cover :
    1. Farming items
    2. Key Runs
    3. uber fights
    4. public games
    What MP level your friends play at matters too.
    DPS is great but kill speed matters too. Do you have to kite ? What is your buffed damage, this is more important than DPS.
    Personaly I go for a balanced approach. I have decent damage (300k buffed http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G.../hero/21891245) but also decent resists and high mitigation 1622 LOH with 2.6APS, 1000life/sec, 53LPSS in helm.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    If you want top dps you really can't afford to have resists on everything. You certainly can't afford to have OwE + AR.

And I mean afford in 2 ways:
    1. It's crazy expensive.
    2. Items get a limited number of extra affixes.

You don't really need much AR/armor when you one shot everything and can take down elites in less than 5 seconds.
    I don't want to top dps... but you need a pretty high one for mp10 uber killing. and i quess for pvp too. But since it's hard to do everything perfect, my guess is what someone should sacrifice??

For example (h ttp://w ww.diabloprogress.com/hero/doganaws-2415/Doganaws/1649120) that's my monk. I used to have a gear with more armor and resi, but less vit and dps...

Now with thees inna's pants i have 5k armor and 725 all res.... Shoul i increase res or armor to farm mp10 ubers??

BattleTag Sass-1761

Armor. With the ratio at roughly 1:10 (armor to res), you'll benefit more from armor. It'll balance out the reductions rather than having more res be cut to half effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sass View Post
    Armor. With the ratio at roughly 1:10 (armor to res), you'll benefit more from armor. It'll balance out the reductions rather than having more res be cut to half effectiveness.
    indeed but armour is harder to come by and more expensive. so there's that too.