Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Arcane Bottle Rockets...

From a propagandist's perspective, I appreciate how you use time lapse to your advantage in the video. When you want to prove how fast you kill things, you use slow motion to demonstrate the awesome... and when you're doing the boring walk from one mob to another, you use fast forward so people forget how slow wizards move.

What makes me sad is that there is really nothing you can do about this. It seems you've come up with a pretty good build for killing things pretty quickly, without using Archon as a crutch (you'll have a niche doing some things Archon can't). However, there isn't any skill or passive that increases wizard move speed, unless you count Evocation/Critical Mass to reduce the cooldown on Teleport (which is still abysmally slow). As such, virtually every class will still farm faster than your innovative build... so much for 1.04 being the "balance patch."

As such, the best wizard farming build will likely continue to be Archon, which can only farm certain areas effectively (boring!) but can do so with ridiculous damage, allowing it to go an MP level or two higher than usual and try to make up the movement speed difference that way.

Nice try though, and I hope they change something around to give you some actual mobility in the next patch.
    Last edited by Dethklok; 25-11-2012 at 00:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethklok View Post
    Nice try though, and I hope they change something around to give you some actual mobility in the next patch.
    Scramble, useable with arcane torrent builds for some time too.

Edit: also only effective in certain areas of certain acts, but this makes it good for planned routes still.

And in conclusion, I'm adding "redesign of Scramble" to my 1.06 wishlist. I'd give a suggestion on how, but I don't want Blizzard to feel they're infringing on my copyright or whatever if they steal my idea. Best to just leave it unsaid and hope they think the same thing.

BattleTag InsaneAction-1921

Ha, Glad you liked it...

Like you said it does get boring after a little bit, then I change things up...

My goal with this build, and the Ray of Frost build I poked around with, is to give people other viable options that don't like Archon... People log into these forums looking for help and most of the time see nothing but CM builds or Archon builds. The CM build being really expensive and the Archon build just isn't for everyone.

IncGamers Member

Would you mind posting the skills (for those of us at work who can't really watch vids)? Though my Wiz is only lvl 22, quite a way to go...

Edit: Or I could just have looked at the link you gave in your first post...
    Last edited by Llama8; 26-11-2012 at 11:44.

Would love to try this because my wizard atm is the worst of my chars , only have 40k damage so no chance just yet .

I read the post on the front page so .

Dear Flux "since my Ironborn Wizard has 40k DPS instead of the 100k I could easily increase her to by investing 5 minutes and 500k on the GAH"

Show me how I can get to 100k dps from 40k dps with 500k

Cheers .

Quote Originally Posted by Dethklok View Post
    From a propagandist's perspective, I appreciate how you use time lapse to your advantage in the video. When you want to prove how fast you kill things, you use slow motion to demonstrate the awesome... and when you're doing the boring walk from one mob to another, you use fast forward so people forget how slow wizards move.
    Haha, It just seems like slow motion because the boring parts are sped up. I did this because I don't feel like uploading a 15-20 min video to YouTube and to cut out all the random BS that no one wants, or needs, to see... I make the videos just to show that it works. People often gauge a build based on how fast it takes out champ packs. That's why I slow it down for the champs I run into; also for a few white mobs.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nodders View Post
    Would love to try this because my wizard atm is the worst of my chars , only have 40k damage so no chance just yet .

I read the post on the front page so .

Dear Flux "since my Ironborn Wizard has 40k DPS instead of the 100k I could easily increase her to by investing 5 minutes and 500k on the GAH"

Show me how I can get to 100k dps from 40k dps with 500k

Cheers .
    Actually, not as hard as you think. Triumvirates that lack AP on crit are super cheap and that's 18% total damage right there. Storm Crow is another 6... I just bought random cheap junk since I hardly even play my Wizard and got just on the right side of 100k with Glass Cannon.

What's your opinion on attack speed for this build? good/bad? :P

Been using it for a while and its awsome for mp0/1, faster than anything else i've tried on my wizard, other than archon which is boring.
    The only change I made is I swapped sparkflint for teleport/wormhole.

Quote Originally Posted by kertin$ View Post
    What's your opinion on attack speed for this build? good/bad? :P

Been using it for a while and its awsome for mp0/1, faster than anything else i've tried on my wizard, other than archon which is boring.
    The only change I made is I swapped sparkflint for teleport/wormhole.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/I.../hero/12237863

Here's my Wiz, I have +39% attack speed, or 1.95 attacks per sec. I think with a lot of attack speed you should look for more APoC... It just depends on how long you would like to be able to channel A. Torrent but attack speed wouldn't hurt this build that's for sure.