Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Re: American Homeless people

As it happens, here's a handy little addendum about deceiving appearances, per my argument with Steve on illegals:

"In a response letter to four top Republican lawmakers, the Department of Homeland Security revealed it only initiated one case against an immigrant for becoming a “public charge,” or being primarily dependent upon the government, in fiscal year 2012. The case was later withdrawn."

So those claims about illegals not <really> going immediately on public assistance? Turns out we don't bother to make sure, much less enforce.

Not enforcing existing rules, is not reason to tighten the rules. it's reason to enforce the existing laws. you're making the same mistake gun control advocates make when they say so and so shot someone with an illegal gun, so we need more gun laws. No, we need to enforce the laws that already exist. new laws won't do anything if they're not enforced. Lack of enforcement of the rules is not a reason to make new rules that also won't be enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Not enforcing existing rules, is not reason to tighten the rules. it's reason to enforce the existing laws. you're making the same mistake gun control advocates make when they say so and so shot someone with an illegal gun, so we need more gun laws. No, we need to enforce the laws that already exist. new laws won't do anything if they're not enforced. Lack of enforcement of the rules is not a reason to make new rules that also won't be enforced.
    Well, thank you very much, Captain, for proving my point about illegals using the very systems that supposedly they aren't using. Like, the ones you claimed they weren't.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Um NO!

I'm a bit simpler about it.

Don't make LAWS you can't or won't ENFORCE! (at the police level or at the court level or even at the jail level)

If Everyone knows it's not enforced it weakens all the laws Including those you can.

Use social discouragement instead etc but don't pass a law you know the majority of people will break or that the majority of those who break will not get caught or punished for.

You are killing the whole law enforcement system and wasting public time and money doing so.

This is why are Police, Courts, and Prisons are overwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Well, thank you very much, Captain, for proving my point about illegals using the very systems that supposedly they aren't using. Like, the ones you claimed they weren't.
    If they are, then that's fraud. we agree on that. It's not fraud if it's food stamps for kids who are citizens and the parents are illegals. that's the loophole you cited, and I think that's the law as intended.

If they are, then that's fraud. we agree on that. It's not fraud if it's food stamps for kids who are citizens and the parents are illegals. that's the loophole you cited, and I think that's the law as intended.
    But mostly, it's outright and open fraud. Much like the fraud by inner city denizens.

Anyhow, I want to get in some DDO before I snooze off.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    But mostly, it's outright and open fraud. Much like the fraud by inner city denizens.

Anyhow, I want to get in some DDO before I snooze off.
    I think He Died.
    Meh
    I just got him off the front page anyhowUd0ing?

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    I think He Died.
    Meh
    I just got him off the front page anyhowUd0ing?

BattleTag What Me Worry?

IncGamers Member

It really hurts me.This is only due to unequal distribution of wealth and resources.I believe that more efforts more benefit but I think this is the real cause.This is why I am big supporter of occupy wall street.Poverty is a big social hazard of the recent days.

ip attorneys
    Last edited by landlordde; 26-03-2013 at 13:12.