Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: American Homeless people

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    Yeah but I bet they squandered the rest of their cash. Hmph.
    unless they went to the stop and save. I hear you can save up to $224!

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    $224????

Why, that's over NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!!!eleven!!eye!!!!

They don't have those here, which would account for the massive increase in bodega spending. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Lottery tickets.

If they don't have them in NY why are they advertising it in the post?

Can you use food stamps to buy lottery tickets? Since it just goes back to the state, I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's clearly abuse of the system, but it's also giving the money back....

If they don't have them in NY why are they advertising it in the post?
    I think you're confusing with Stop & SHOP... here's what I believe you're thinking of. The closest Stop & Save my wife recalls is in Maine; I can't tell if that's an actual chain store but there's several states that are shown in a Google...
    Can you use food stamps to buy lottery tickets? Since it just goes back to the state, I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's clearly abuse of the system, but it's also giving the money back....
    Stamps no, EBT card fer sure.

lol, the picture you posted, of the post, below the headline was an ad for stop and save or shop and save or whatever. that's where the $224 comes from.

Also, regarding your link, I think that's a grocery store, and an okay sized one too (not mini like walgreens). I think i may have driven by one of those this morning.

Anyway, I didn't know they still had the stamps. Around here it's all on a card. sometimes you see little stickers on food in the store that says "WIC approved", because they don't let you buy junk food on it. I don't know what the criteria is for junk food, but I can't imagine that it's very strict. Anyway, it's weird that it says WIC, because I thought the card was called a "link card", but it's spelled funny. They have little signs for that too, so you know that that place takes the card.

I think it was frozen blueberries I saw the sticker on, but I'm not 100% sure.

I don't know what the criteria is for junk food, but I can't imagine that it's very strict.
    Oh, I'm completely certain you're correct about that... [/heavy irony] and can't imagine why "WIC abuse" gets 1.6 million Google hits and "WIC card misuse" gets over 3 million Google hits. Maybe it's a sexual position of some kind. :rolleyes:

However, I'm not bumping this thread just to abuse you, though you might take it that way. I wanted to redress an earlier false claim about illegals and Medicare.

More than $91.6 million in Medicare payments went to services for illegal aliens in recent years

P.S. You'll be thrilled to know I'm not going back to the "Depression" thread until I find your 'hate speech', and I haven't bothered to take the time yet.

I'm been really busy recently, and haven't been able to respond properly anyway.

there's a tasty set up for you.

Anyway, I understand the anchor baby "loophole", in that there's no way to feed the citizen without letting the parent's get access to the benefits. I don't have a solution. The kids are legally citizens, so it's hard to say they shouldn't be treated the same as any other citizen.

I'd also like to point out that since you're talking about Medicare--the biggest line item on our budget ~900B iirc, 90M is less than a rounding error. (1/10,000th of the expense). The real problem with medicare is it covers too much and there's not enough people paying in. Plus, there's no political will to do anything about it. Illegal immigrants are the least of our medicare worries.

there's a tasty set up for you.
    I don't take charity.
    The kids are legally citizens, so it's hard to say they shouldn't be treated the same as any other citizen.
    There's an obvious solution. Reverse the jus soli policy, and use jus sanguinis. I'll give you three guesses why you're already probably recoiling in horror to that idea, and I bet you STILL don't get it right.

Answer:
    Spoiler

Plus, there's no political will to do anything about it. Illegal immigrants are the least of our medicare worries.
    Rather, there's no political will by Progressives of either party, and since there's no such things as Conservative Democrats on Earth, the only point at which this discussion will take place is once D.C. is a smoking hole in the ground.

BTW, I love the way you think that $90M is chump change. Makes me feel lots better about surfing the Interwebz while I'm at work. Or, as your heroine would ask, "What difference at this point does it make?"

BattleTag What Me Worry?

We are so much cooler than you 3rd world homeless that are dead or have never had INTERNET access.

Cause that is how it works sometimes.

Oh and I won the freking thread
    Last edited by BobCox2; 27-01-2013 at 09:28.