Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Need advice on weaponry

Hello I have currently 3 "similar" weapons and have a LOT of trouble choosing between those 3. For reference my monk build can be found here. I do not like running sweeping wind, so all my dps comes from thunderclap.

Anyways, my 3 items are:

I'm currently using echoing fury + sky splitter; mainly for the cc & the massive life regen.

However I do like the won khim lau as it adds that 25% bonus damage to thunderclap. (so if I'm correct the dps listed in my character sheet simply gets +25%, meaning that wonkhimlau has the most raw damage)? Can someone else help, which 2 of those 3 weapons you would wield? (and on a side note, how much should I ask for the 3rd weapon?)

BattleTag InsaneAction-1921

Re: Need advice on weaponry

The way the +5% lighting damage goes is if your weapon damage is "black" (no elemental damage, like your Sky Splitter has + Holy Damage and your Echoing Fury just has +Damage) then it get's the boost of +5% lighting damage. The "lighting skills deal 25% more damage" goes for your SW...

All in all the WKL has more "raw damage" so to speak but the Sky Splitter does have the higher survivability...

I wouldn't use any of those three. A good rare with loh/life steal, dex and a socket or crit damage will outperform them all.
    If a rare is no option for you i would use won khim lau and sky splitter.

Unfortunately none of these weapons are worth much or anything. They lack all good weapon mods needed to make a good weapon.

Crit damage.
    Socket.
    Life on hit.
    Life steal.
    Dex.

IncGamers Member

Crit damage does very little to increase my overal dps (5% crit chance, so even a socket filling with 100% crit dmg run will only give 5% more dps). And I really prefer going attack speed instead of crit % on things like rings/gloves. Getting both (while also getting good armour, dex, all res, phys res & vit) is still out of my budget (around 1M a piece).

Is there some calculator so I can actually see what my gear would do? I can't seem to find any information on the smite damage, as well as the %lightning skill dmg of the wkl is ignored in the calculators?

BattleTag InsaneAction-1921

Quote Originally Posted by pulli View Post
    Crit damage does very little to increase my overal dps (5% crit chance, so even a socket filling with 100% crit dmg run will only give 5% more dps). And I really prefer going attack speed instead of crit % on things like rings/gloves. Getting both (while also getting good armour, dex, all res, phys res & vit) is still out of my budget (around 1M a piece).

Is there some calculator so I can actually see what my gear would do? I can't seem to find any information on the smite damage, as well as the %lightning skill dmg of the wkl is ignored in the calculators?
    If you increase your CC you're overall DPS will sky rocket. I can't believe you're not trying to get CC on items. You'll have a hard time breaking 30K DPS without CC and CD...