Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Help, I don't understand what's going on...

Hey guys, I had a bunch of yellow stuff on my mules from my assassin and I was a little tired of letting the AI play the majority of the game for me (I'm exaggerating) so I built me a slightly twinked Basher barbarian last night after doing a couple countess/Andariel/Radamant runs.

So I've got him to level 6, with 5 bash and 1 Sword Mastery, packing a Unique Falchion that has, amongst other things, 5% mana leach. Maybe I just don't understand mana leech but if I'm doing my math right, every bash's average damage should be netting me the 2 mana bash costs (based on adding the low end of the character screen displayed damage to the top end, dividing by two for the average, then multiplying by .05). Does the random number generator just hate me? Is it based on the amount of life the target actually had (I'm oneshotting most mobs right now)? Should I just stop QQing and use mana pots?

Thanks for any help

Jonathan

Re: Help, I don't understand what's going on...

As far as I know, life steal and mana steal depend on how much damage the target has taken. If the target has low health, it doesn't receive much damage and you don't regenerate much mana.

IncGamers Member

So if I want my 2 mana back with 5% life leech, I need to be hitting something with more than 40 life? OK, that works.

IncGamers Member

Ah hah. Confirmed today when I faced Treefist and his boys. Ended the fight with full mana.

At lower levels life is easier with mana after kill, a load of Tir runes will do that nicely. Tir-El for both hands ( Steel) ,and dual Tir in a helmet will work nicely untill you are level 20 or so. Tir-El Broadswords, if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Baranor View Post
    At lower levels life is easier with mana after kill, a load of Tir runes will do that nicely. Tir-El for both hands ( Steel) ,and dual Tir in a helmet will work nicely untill you are level 20 or so. Tir-El Broadswords, if I recall correctly.
    or my favourite, tir-el flails.. shoppable in a2, range 3, nice dmg, nice speed, nice style. just all around a package of awesome.