Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

MF One More Time / better affixes or more affixes ?

Hi,
    I searched the forum but did not find a clear answer about how to magicfind works now.
    Do magicfind affects the quality of affix, (more mf = more "perfect" stats, more chance to get crit on helmet, all ress on chest, etc..) Or only the number of affixes?

And can someone explain to me what's up with that pants?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/profile/s.../hero/18426959

http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/item/innas-temperance

How to get "one more" random affix?

Thx,
    /budolf

IncGamers Member

Re: MF One More Time / better affixes or more affixes ?

Magic find gives you a higher chance to roll more affixes/legendary/set. The game first checks to see if an item is a legendary (not sure whether set items are checked separately from this or not), then 6 affix rare, then 5 affix rare, then 4, then 3 affix, then 2 affix magic, then 1 affix magic, and then down to white items.

Those inna's pants rolled a 'dual attribute' affix; +strength combined with +vitality. The 'dual attribute' affixes only occur for the four basic attributes (str, dex, int, vita) and can combine any two of them. Almost everyone who isn't familiar with how items are generated make the mistake of thinking they're two separate affixes. XD

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karth View Post
    Magic find gives you a higher chance to roll more affixes/legendary/set. The game first checks to see if an item is a legendary (not sure whether set items are checked separately from this or not), then 6 affix rare, then 5 affix rare, then 4, then 3 affix, then 2 affix magic, then 1 affix magic, and then down to white items.

Those inna's pants rolled a 'dual attribute' affix; +strength combined with +vitality. The 'dual attribute' affixes only occur for the four basic attributes (str, dex, int, vita) and can combine any two of them. Almost everyone who isn't familiar with how items are generated make the mistake of thinking they're two separate affixes. XD

Does this mean that having more mf I have more chances to legendary?
    I've read that mf does not affect the legendary drop. It is a constant value, so how is it?

I did not know such a thing as a dual attribute, it explains a lot, bah, explains everything :-)
    How does it work exactly? base stat 1-100 + another 1-100? / 1-50 + 1-50? / 100:2? 200:2 ?

Thx!
    / budolf

IncGamers Member

MF definitely improves the chance for a legendary drop, the same way it improves the chance for a 6-stat rare and such.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by budolf View Post
    Does this mean that having more mf I have more chances to legendary?
    I've read that mf does not affect the legendary drop. It is a constant value, so how is it?

I did not know such a thing as a dual attribute, it explains a lot, bah, explains everything :-)
    How does it work exactly? base stat 1-100 + another 1-100? / 1-50 + 1-50? / 100:2? 200:2 ?

Thx!
    / budolf
    Like 0blique said, MF definitely increases your chance to find legendaries. I recall reading that before Monster Power was implemented, someone figured out that with 0 extra mf, you found 1 legendary after killing about 500 elite packs, while with max mf that was more like 1 legendary in 80 elite packs (if I remember correctly).

The dual attribute affixes work more or less like the single attribute affixes, except that the minimum roll is much lower (like 30-100 for a dual attribute, where a single attribute would roll 70-100) and the maximum can't always roll as high as a single-attribute affix, either.