Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Item perks not working

I'm playing as a Paladin and I got a shield with +1 skills to Paladin and 15 to all resistances. I planned to use it in my second shield slot. I noticed today after doing a bunch of Baal runs that it wasn't actually adding to my stats or skills. I have 2 skills maxed out at 20, so they should be 21 with the shield right? Also It isn't increasing my resistances. I tried making it my main shield and even dropping my other shield and making it my only shield, but it didn't work. Any Ideas?

Re: Item perks not working

It should be working if it is in your hands. Doesn't count if it is on switch. If it's still not working after that, then I have no idea. Your resistance doesn't go past 75 without +max res mods, so that may be throwing you off if you didn't already know.

IncGamers Member

no, my resistances are way below 75 right now so thats not it. It must be a bugged sheild or something, because I know for sure that my 2 maxed skills are at 20 not 21. Thanks for the reply though

Resistance is bugged, at least on you Char screen.

Sometimes when I start mfing again, after muling in a nrml game, my resistances seems to be capped. Its like the penalty to resists arent showing once Im back in Hell.
    But I dont take less dmg from spells. So its just visual.

You may have equipped it, then swapped gear so that you no longer meet the requirements to weild it.

For example if you had a +10 strength item, then equipped the shield, then removed that +10 strength item, the game treats it as you are not weilding a shield even though the graphic shows up on the item screen. You would then have to increase your strength until you meet the requirements again, and the shield would activate.