Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    BattleTag Vegameister-2492

Re: How to Multishot - A Speedfarming DH Guide

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Thanks, man!

You can certainly add me, but I'm on US server.
    Dang! Manager to oversee that.
    well, will be adding you either way... Always good to have great players/Dii.net posters as friends

IncGamers Member

That's a really cool Multishot setup Kestegs, I like it. I might have to copy it if I ever get back around to messing with my DH. XD

IncGamers Member cheerupemokid10's Avatar
    BattleTag pizzle-1873

Thanks for the tips Kestegs. I've got the ring and boots for a 4-piece on Nat's but neither are anything special. Just cheap AH buys to get the build going in the first place. I got mf on the ring instead of looking for the crit so I would definitely lose some crit and damage switching that over. And the boots were mediocre at best as well.

I've got a lacuni's so I'll look for some better pants and belt and switch that stuff around for more vit/AR and discipline.

My templar gear is on my barb's templar as I was working on him some before deciding I don't like spin-to-win barbs and went back to DH. I do have all the mf gear including the sun keeper for him though so that will help boost the mf back up some for sure.

IncGamers Member

Hello DethKlok and Kestegs!

I brought my stale DH out of retirement back in December because of this thread. And I love him. I absolutely chug through mp0. I truly thank you, Dethklok, for giving me hours and hours of fun with a character I had totally lost interest in (Ball Lightning is stupid, stupid stupid.)

My DH:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/25207974

Barring massive upgrades, I'm about as streamlined as it gets for mp0. It's a blast.

Anyway, with 1.07 coming and the massive buffs to exp gains, plus Demonic essences in higher mp levels, and generally wanting more than 375 MF, I am thinking about pouring some serious cash into my DH instead of my cookie cutter barb. Basically, I want to be able to do mp2 or 3 at a somewhat similar rate to our blazingly fast mp0 clearing.

Kestegs seems to be quite happy with less Disc. I might go that route. With my terrible AR and life pool, I can't survive MP2 or higher, which is what I'd like to. Do you guys think there's a MS build that is capable of higher MPs, given a nice budget (ie, a couple hundred mill)? Alternately, since I'm pretty out of touch regarding cookie cutter DH stuff, is there a build with similar movement abilities (ie, left click vault awesomeness) that is efficient on higher MPs without lame-*** kiting?

Apologies, rambling, it's a Friday night.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

I think ball lightning is probably going to be the best at higher MP levels in the next patch. I've never taken my DH out over MP1, but I don't think it would be that efficient.

I would not recommend going any lower than 50 Disc, but I find about 60 is really the spot that I absolutely never run out. I also find that I prefer another source of pickup than you have to put me around 18-20. If you don't have that much you may have to be a bit more careful on picking up orbs.

Looks good though!

I'm still looking for a better skull grasp for my DH, getting pretty annoyed at not being able to find one anywhere. Hopefully when the patch hits more people will be playing again and they will find me what I want

I'd also like a Mara's like mine with crit damage (lol)

IncGamers Member

There's a Mara's up at auction with 7% / 7% ms / 70ish Crit damage and 900 LOH for the low price of 1 billion gold!

BattleTag kestegs-1550

That's pretty sexy! If it had 10 crit I'd be very tempted to buy it.

Sorry about not posting this sooner, but...
    ...I've pretty much quit Diablo 3, I starting playing Path of Exile and quickly lost interest in MP0 Act 3 runs.

If you have any questions, I know Kestegs is a great poster from previous sparring over at the Wizards forum, and and seems to answer most all replies in this thread just as I would. Consider him my replacement as far as Multishot is concerned.

BattleTag LifeGodChaos-1440

It seems I came a little shy over a month too late onto this forum. What a shame.

Anyway, I've been playing d3 off and on since it came out. I remember trying out MS thanks to Athene's demonstration on his variation here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgPv4lQjMOA. It helped me ding lvl 60 in no time. I ended up dropping it as I first got into inferno since I was getting way more dps going HA/EA. I must say that ball lightning felt very basic while being extremely generic. I desired something faster and to the point since I felt my brain was melting away staring at the ginormous, blue projectiles ever so slowly floating across the screen. I came around full circle when I discovered this guide about a week ago and already gained 10 plvls playing casually. What I liked most about this guide was the detail in how to make this particular build work. Sure, it does one thing very well--but I feel that is the sign of a very advanced playstyle. For example, instead of being kind of a jack of multiple trades, you instead focus all of your skill slots into a cohesive balance. I remember I was using the tumble rune at first for vault since I was being a cheapskate, but then I decided to pro up and take Dethklok's invaluable advice with ToC. Needless to say I don't think I could ever look back[plus it looks so much more seckz; let's get real here]. In case anyone's interested, my DH is here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/L.../hero/23975716 and I have my mind set on being a pro DH without ever having to buy any type of gold with rl cash. I believe it's lame, lazy, and newbish. However, I am not at all opposed to taking any donations. >;P

Team MS FTW!!!!!!
    Last edited by LifeGodChaos; 19-04-2013 at 00:24.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag fenrir-2588

Sup fellow DHs. I've been running MS and it pretty awesome.

My setup currently at p24:
    http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skill...IrMjE4Mzg1KzE=

One main difference is the lack of +DISC gear in favor of more MF gear. I may not run as fast but the tradeoff for MF is worth it for me.

I have no Pick-Up Radius currently so I am alternating between Bat, Boar, or Ferret (for pickup). Really depends on the MP and whether I play in a group.