Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Tinder-2816

Re: How to Multishot - A Speedfarming DH Guide

As your DPS and CC increases I think Fan of Knives - Hail of Knives gains value over Sentry - Spitfire Turret. It's instant damage rather than over time and helps you those times you get to close, allowing you to vault more recklessly. However if you don't have the DPS to take down elites fast enough Sentry will likely be the better choice.

IncGamers Member

EDIT: Double Post of somewhat awkward nature
    Last edited by Santajustleft; 09-12-2012 at 11:33. Reason: aforementioned awkwardness

BattleTag Tinder-2816

Santajustleft: If you run into a Fallen Maniac or miss an Reflect Damage elite pack you die relatively fast regardless of your EHP so I think your first priority should simply be to have enough physical resist/AR and armor to gain HP while using Shadow Power. You could probably use Blood Moon as a temporary fix.

You have good DPS gear so it will be a process of sacrificing DPS for the survivability and CC you need. Reach out to the universe and look for a disturbance in the force. Can you survive while playing attentively? Do you kill things fast enough and without losing to much hatred?

* Swap in AR, VIT and possibly max out CC on a few slots e.g. VIT on belt and boots, 10% CC and AR on the gloves and so on.
    * In time when you gain a bit more life than you feel you absolutely need you can swap out the cloak for one with +9-10 discipline on.
    * Keep your eyes open for a decent Mara. You can find one cheap if you are lucky and it would probably be you best CC upgrade.

When you can survive well enough and kill reasonably fast I'd start saving up for the expensive upgrades that will allow you to keep or increase your DPS while at the same time increasing survivability and CC.

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    I just tested my last hour of running on MP0 and I got 63 million exp. That's with a 31% ruby but no hellfire or leoric's on myself. I could probably get more on MP1, but I enjoy the easier content. A while back I was getting 65 million an hour with a leoric's and hellfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Santajustleft View Post
    Any advice on what I should aim for next? Running ubers got boring but I don't have crit on my HF ring :S. Can't find a Xephirian with crit+critdam within budget and can't replace cloak so more disc is out.
    It's true that double-crit Xeph's have skyrocketed since I posted this (on US). I got in a bidwar over one (no buyout), he took it for over 50mil and then turned right around and listed the same item for 100mil. Don't know if that was a good move on his part, he might not find a buyer at that price, but we've got at least a few people who are speculatively sniping these things with profit motive in mind. You might want to give up on getting crit damage on Xeph and just hope for crit chance plus something else (make it non-Dex for cheapest results).

Try to get some more Vit on other pieces so you can afford to lose the high Vit on your Nat's Cloak and get some Discipline instead. I have Vit on my crossbow and love it there, it's pretty much the only defensive stat you can get on your weapon and it's not heinously overpriced.

Getting a good crit chance on a Nat's helm is a nightmare. I'm still rocking a rare for the same reason; it's easier to get the two-piece bonus off cloak and boots, then not sweat the 130 bonus too much. You might be able to get a good rare 6% helm with some Dex and Vit, all for less than your Nat's helm, which you could resell at a profit. I wouldn't buy Nat's helm until you have enough saved up to get a near-perfect one; it's the type of item you only want to buy once.

It's probably pretty affordable to get better bracers than those. I spend 7mil (US) on bracers with more Dex, more Vit, more resist all, magic find AND gold find, and 5.5% crit chance.

I'm clearing MP1 really fast even though I'm using a hatred generator (Devouring arrow), so it's not really necessary to get sentry.

I tried this build again for ****s-and-giggles. I still think ball lightning is faster, especially on mp2. If you're really over-geared and are doing MP0, I can see this being faster simply because the projectiles are faster, but on MP2, ball lightning just works so much better. Overall, ball lightning is tested and works on MP0 through MP4 for various gear levels. It's not until MP5 where you just don't have enough onboard dps to keep up with the mobs.

On MP1, I can do a run in like 10 minutes these days, and I still can't get the same speed using Multishot. Maybe it's a play-style thing, but I would challenge the Multishot players to learn how to use Ball Lightning effectively. It might change their mind.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Draba-2568

Quote Originally Posted by mysticc View Post
    On MP1, I can do a run in like 10 minutes these days, and I still can't get the same speed using Multishot. Maybe it's a play-style thing, but I would challenge the Multishot players to learn how to use Ball Lightning effectively. It might change their mind.
    I used ball lightning for a while after tentacles nerf and after mp introduction, too. When you have the damage multi is simply faster on mp0, that's a fact, not a case of "learn to play". Also much cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Draba View Post
    I used ball lightning for a while after tentacles nerf and after mp introduction, too. When you have the damage multi is simply faster on mp0, that's a fact, not a case of "learn to play". Also much cooler.
    Once you reach high levels of gear though, MP0 is no longer efficient. You want to run MP1/MP2, which is a big increase in drops. I can even run MP2 in 12 or so minutes, but I come nowhere near that with Multishot. Ball Lightning just performs better here.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Draba-2568

Imminent/Echoing is much better at mp10, just as relevant as ball being better for mp2
    Mp0 is always best for dhs/tempest+wind monks/rain+injustice wds, no matter how much gear they have.
    That one is pretty well-known by now, just go time some runs and the xp they yield.

The napkin math: you'll have 2 hellfires and a ruby in helm for 83% extra xp. The valor average bonus depends on the length of the run, 40% is the very minimum. That's around 225% total xp gain. MP1 adds 10%( a relative increase <4.5% ) for 1.5x more hp, 2 another 10% for <9%/2.25. If mp1 adds around 30 seconds it's not worth it, if mp2 adds a minute it's not worth it. Barb doesn't care but dh will slow down in those mps.

Edit:
    On the drops part it's the same, just with 475% total mf vs 500/525, with 1.01x and 1.08x as much drops. This one has been beaten to death, too.
    Last edited by Draba; 14-12-2012 at 12:34.