DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Re: How to Multishot - A Speedfarming DH Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Davidus View Post
    i tested manti vs rare xbow vs calamity

manti(1100dps 2os 80CD) 10 million
    rare xbow(1400dps 1os) 10 million
    calamity(1200dps 1os 80CD) 135 million

the rare xbow was better than the manticore. crits are about the same but my white hits are much bigger
    i 1 shot some monsterts with a noncrit
    calamity+dml was the fastest(1 min faster Alk run compared to the rare xbow) but costs more than 10 times more

so if you can't afford a high end manticore the rare xbow is the better choise imo
    This is pretty bad general information as it entirely depends on your critical hit chance. The simple fact remains, the better your critical hit chance, the better than 2-socket manticore is going to be.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by mysticc View Post
    This is pretty bad general information as it entirely depends on your critical hit chance. The simple fact remains, the better your critical hit chance, the better than 2-socket manticore is going to be.
    my crit is 53.5%+6(multishot soj)

and you missed this part
    "crits are about the same"
    Last edited by Davidus; 05-12-2012 at 15:04.

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    The higher the crit chance the higher the chance you will one shot stuff with a manti or calamity compared to the rare cbow that doesn't usually need a crit to one shot.

Did you have any hatred issues with the calamity? I've wanted to try out a one handed crossbow but it seems like hatred would be an issue.

IncGamers Member

hatred can be a problem but your hungering arrow is more effective(not only for hatred but for aoe damage) because of the fast attack speed
    it's not that bad after you get used to it

edit: HA more effective with 1H xbow
    not more effective than multishot
    Last edited by Davidus; 05-12-2012 at 19:01.

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidus View Post
    hatred can be a problem but your hungering arrow is more effective(not only for hatred but for aoe damage) because of the fast attack speed
    it's not that bad after you get used to it
    Hungering arrow? Blasphemy!

I'll give it a shot though

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Hungering arrow? Blasphemy!
    Quoted for truthery. Calamity and Multishot don't mix well.

IncGamers Member

i made a short video showing 1H in action
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlxgpjudDi8

BattleTag Tinder-2816

It's a very well written and thought-out build Dethklok, thanks. It's also very enjoyable to play as it's speedy and a lot of action.
    I admit some initial scepticism regarding the maxed out discipline and Trail of Cinders rune however when you get the execution down after a few runs you see they are both very good to have. The more discipline the more you can run vault and Trail of Cinders as you mentioned is good for extra damage on elites/champs.

I would be interested in what paragon farm speed a really well geared character can get. Myself I'm slightly above 100k buffed DPS and get 52 M XP/h on the more average runs on MP0.
    Last edited by tinder; 08-12-2012 at 13:49.

@Davidus:
    The problem is that 15% additional crit for Multishot does nothing to help Hungering Arrow, and 26% additional Hungering Arrow damage does nothing to help Multishot. Early on, skill bonuses aren't much of an investment so this kind of skill variety is fine. However, at higher levels of gear optimization you want to focus as much as possible in a single skill (maybe two, providing one is a cloak-skill and one is a quiver-skill) in order to gain the maximum specialization benefit. HA and Multishot compete on the quiver, Stone of Jordan, maybe on a Mara's... so you don't want to have to run both if you can avoid it. That's why I encourage so much hatred regen; it eliminates your need for generators completely.

For what it's worth, HA is definitely the best generator out there, will likely dominate PvP, and is probably at its best with a pistol. If you want to optimize for HA skill bonuses (reasonable if you expect PvP to come soon-ish), Calamity seems smart to me. If that's how you want to hybridize your HA build (you have to spend hatred on something, after all), I guess that's OK. However, any pistol-user should probably be HA first, Multishot second, which makes it less of a pure MS build than mine.

@tinder: Thanks for the review. I've never measured my xp/hour, I'll give that a shot sometime.

IncGamers Member

Hi guys, I wanted to irritate you all again so here's my DH .. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D.../hero/21978026
    Any advice on what I should aim for next? Running ubers got boring but I don't have crit on my HF ring :S. Can't find a Xephirian with crit+critdam within budget and can't replace cloak so more disc is out. I can't find a Xbow with more dps and dex+crit+socket. I know I need some allres (frightening EHP I got there
    Loving multishot to bits btw, thanks again Dethklok.