Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Looking for tactical advice on soloing uber Kulle/SB

I have tried fighting him and SB using HOTA and Rend (along with Sprint, WOTB, BR and Frenzy). I have been going after Kulle first, survivability is not the issue, doing consistent DPS to Kulle is -- I get in a couple of hits then have to chase him down or move out of a bubble. This makes WOTB impossible to keep up.

Is there a better way to do this? Can Kulle be pinned in a corner (without me getting savaged by SB)? Should I focus on SB and take swings on Kulle only when he comes near?

I would greatly appreciate whatever advice people can give on maximizing damage output in this fight or otherwise how to deal with it.

IncGamers Member

Re: Looking for tactical advice on soloing uber Kulle/SB

Try out Leap > [stun rune whatever its called]. Works nicely to get out of bubbles and stun Kulle for a second or 2. I was using Furious Charge as my getaway but if you use it while in a bubble you run slowly the entire time. Makes the fight SO MUCH more manageable. I doubt it would allow you to keep WotB running indefinitely but it will at least up your survivability.

Sprint works very well. It seems to me that the bubble slow, and sprint movespeed are additive, meaning that sprint pretty much counteracts the bubble fully for me (I have 24% movespeed on gear, not sure if that matters). Sprint makes the bubbles mostly a joke though (I say mostly because I use a two-hander, so if I start an attack animation it will finish sometime tomorrow).

IncGamers Member

Seconded, sprint seems to work pretty well despite the bubbles. At least with WW you can circle around the perimeter of a bubble and it works out ok, if there are too many bubbles close to eachother it can be hard to get right though. I soloed it yesterday, only on MP5 though. Found it easier to go for SB first and just hit Kulle on occasion or when there are too many bubbles and it becomes neccesary to kite out SB. WOTB did wear off at some point, until it was back on I sprint-kited SB and Kulle, again, hitting Kulle as neccesary. Second WOTB was enough to kill both of them. The fight is significantly harder than the two others and is pretty unforgiving, if you get picked up by SB it is easy to get gibbed by tornadoes or falling roof. A follower that can freeze or stun would probably make it easier..