Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Gamespy: What we want from a Diablo 3 expansion

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1226627p1.html

I agree the most with the suggestions from the chief editor, some optional no-AH mode with D2 1.10 drop rates would be great. I would be willing to have advertisements in the loading screens and char selection screens if that is needed to make no-AH mode economically viable. I'm off course talking here about both auction houses, the gold auction houses is actually the most used one and because of that the one with the biggest "impact" on the game economy.

I would also love to see some truly randomized outdoor maps, act 5 is the ideal place to add those to. People in act 5 already know the game so there is no need for the on rails handholding of the previous acts.

Except that would I also love to see 2 new classes, but I hope that is a given. When it comes to Diablo expansions has blizzard a great track record, I hope that the D3 expansions shall follow it!

What do you think of the gamespy suggestions?
    Last edited by kolpo; 11-11-2012 at 16:35.

IncGamers Member

Re: Gamespy: What we want from a Diablo 3 expansion

I would NOT be willing to have advertisements...

what the ****

I paid for this game big time already, I should get everything for free now!

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Ads wouldn't bother me, as long as they don't slow anything down or interrupt anything.

I'd love to see a random area or progressive dungeon of some kind. Other than that I'm not too worried, as I think they'll do great.

IncGamers Member

Randomized dungeons and more of the small events would be awesome. Can't be that hard to add a new guy who wants you to kill that big baddie in the dark dungeon, right?
    Would be awesome with something like an endless Keep (endless dungeons...), so after level 3 you can just continue down the levels. Now it's short and I really like killing stuff in the keep :P Could have things like each level getting a bit harder with more dmg from the monsters and more monsters, and if you die you'll have to start over in that dungeon.

Also, mix up the monsters more in inferno! I want act 1 mobs in act 3, it's enough that they just change around some colours like they did in D2!

- Super Legendaries that are as rare to get as the super-high end runes in D2 and blow legendaries out of the water
    - Runes that are actually worth as much as the high-end runes in d2 (make sure the high-end ones are much better than anything else you can use to socket equipment) (note: d2 had the drop rate for runes just about right--that is to say they took an intense amount of time farming the most difficult acts to get)
    - Jewels that have interesting properties but are not as good as the high end runes
    - Charms (a la d2) and a separate inventory just for charms
    - New skills that don't suck (i.e. make chain lightning actually do damage and have a cool animation and make it a viable skill like it was in d2, buff blizzard and make it viable like in d2, bring back fire spells like d2 had, and bring back frozen orb!)
    - A teleport for my wizard that I can spam like I did in d2. I'd also like to remove critical mass from the game entirely because that is just annoying and it makes it so that every other build for the wizard in the end game is unviable.
    - More sockets in equipment like d2 had.
    - weapon swap
    - rarer and a lot more random dungeons with the chance to get unique items that only spawn in those dungeons
    Last edited by psyadam; 18-11-2012 at 17:36.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by kolpo View Post
    I agree the most with the suggestions from the chief editor, some optional no-AH mode with D2 1.10 drop rates would be great. I would be willing to have advertisements in the loading screens and char selection screens if that is needed to make no-AH mode economically viable.
    What? How would ads make a no-AH mode viable? What revenue are they losing by having people who don't use the RMAH play a mode without one?

IncGamers Member

There were AH and RMAH in diablo 2...

Its called black market sites.

Thinking there was no way to buy items before this...are they really that clueless?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ship Soo View Post

Thinking there was no way to buy items before this...are they really that clueless?
    Yes indeed.

IncGamers Member

An NPC to IMMEDIATELY identify all of your items (even at a cost of 50 gold each)

BattleTag nurman-2854

Quote Originally Posted by Ship Soo View Post

Very true. By blizz making the RMAH a first-party service, they just made it safer for people who want to buy stuff for dough AND they make a buck out of it. Also people (on paper) make money out of it. It's a win-win?

Also, I do not think the angel character proposed in the article is fitting to the universe because Diablo 3 characters are centered to be Nephelem, offspring of demons and angels.

....and I suspect we'll return to the remnants of Mount Arreat that was introduced in Lord of Destruction.

Did these idiots even PLAY the game? half of the act 3 is played inside the remnants of Mount Arreat!