Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: Salvage and crafting vs vendor in 1.0.5: which is better?

If you farm Act3/4_MP0 or MP1+, you MUST pick up everything as a lvl58 "non jewellery" can be almost as good as a lvl63.

Lvl58 Jewellery is as good as Lvl63 Jewellery now (assuming you do Act3/4_MP0 or MP1+)

IncGamers Member

I don't pick up anything except jewelry

everything else is all junk

it won't even sell on the AH

IncGamers Member

I pick up lvl 63 1-handed weapons and armor, all bracers, boots, shoulders, helms, jewelry. And also some lvl 62... galrakis, golden talons, crag hammers, conquest swords. Bracers and shoulders seem to never be good though so maybe I should stop picking them up. Boots and helms are rarely good but it is easy to tell when they are sellable and some of them are a easy million so I figure it's still worth picking em up but I might be wrong.

Very nice chart. Memorizing these is critical to good speedfarming.
    Quote Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
    Except in 1.0.5, unless it's a weapon/shield/offhand, it doesn't need to be ilvl63 to be good. An ilvl58 can have the exact same stats, only losing a bit of armor.
    Quoted for truthery. I used to be in the 61+ crowd, but I realized that belief wasn't anchored in reality.

Only the armor values of armor, damage values of weapons/mojos/sources, attack speed of quivers, and block amount of shields is effected by ilvl (item level, displayed); all other mods are based off mlvl (monster level, mostly hidden), which is constant for the MF run. In order from least effected by ilvl to most effected...
    1. Amulets, rings, follower trinkets. These are completely unaffected by ilvl; definitely pick all these up.
    2. Any type of helm, cloaks, gloves, mighty belts, daggers. General people are looking for three (or more) uncommon mods on these. Armor matters, but very little. Daggers are here because good stuff like crit damage/socket/lifesteal can be on a fast offhand and still be good for whilybarb even if damage is low. Recommendation: ilvl 58 maybe, ilvl 60+ pickup.
    3. Bracers, chest armor, pants, boots. Either socketed, crit chance, or move speed is a big deal here, but that's only one affix. Armor matters here, but it's not a deal-killer. Recommendation: ilvl 58 ignore, ilvl60 maybe, ilvl 61+ pickup.
    4. Shoulders, normal belts. These are almost entirely defensive pieces so armor is key here. Almost all barbarians will go with life-steal mighty belts here, so getting normal belts with skill-mod doesn't help much. Recommendation: ilvl 58-60 ignore, ilvl61 maybe, ilvl 62+ pickup.
    5. Most one-handed weapons, class-specific offhand. A quick glance at the AH will show that only a few ilvl62 weapons achieve viability, and pretty much zero ilvl61 and lower. One-handers are more likely to break this mold, since a dual-wielding character might take an offhand with lower damage but lots of good mods to complement an ilvl63 mainhand. Recommendation: ivl 58-61 ignore, ilvl 62+ pickup.
    6. Two-handed weapons, wands, witch knives, shields. Who uses a shield anymore? Yuck. For a shield to be good, it pretty much has to be perfect. Two-handers fall here too. Recommendation: ilvl 58-62 ignore, ilvl 63 pickup.
    Last edited by Dethklok; 30-11-2012 at 14:02.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamesL View Post
    I don't pick up anything except jewelry
    everything else is all junk
    it won't even sell on the AH
    Well i agree, but not picking up "normal items" you are missing out on the potential "billion gold drop".
    Now this sword is not perfect (Dex & Freeze instead of Crit & Lifesteal) but it's lvl62.
    Actually it could be lvl61 and the DPS would still be similar

Some slots (like chest) will be almost impossible to sell because of set items.
    But a "perfect roll" like 200Str & 300Vit & 80AR/400Armor + 3 Socket will still sell for several millions.

Sure it's 0.00000000000000000001% but not by not picking up every item you deny yourself that chance.
    A friend asked me what was the best possible weapon for Barbarian last night.... Yellow Axes
    Attached Images Attached Images