Ultimate AH bidding experiment

RENOWN BOON (AMULET)
    +17-36 dmg
    +58 Dex
    +179 Int
    Attack speed 5%
    Crit dmg 54%
    Crit Chance 10%

starting bid = 1,000,000... Currently at 37m with 22 hours left!

offers prior to posting on AH over the past week: 80m, 50M + witching hour worth 100m, and a $135 offer from D3JSP.

This is a test to see how well open ended bids work. Either it will sell for what it's really worth, or I'm going to be upset for selling such a sexy amulet for chump change.

Have fun

I wanted to do this as an experiment... A lot of people are curious if open bidding works well.

Re: Ultimate AH bidding experiment

I don't know what the gold price is in USD but surely $135 is a damn good offer? The amulet has rather low dex and attack speed and average crit damage.

uh if anyone offerd e $135 for an item I found in a video game I would take it instantly.

IncGamers Member

Ahh, but the problem is that he can't take that offer since it is already for sale in the auction house.

IncGamers Member

Last week I had a terrific IK chest drop. I sold it on the AH for 450 million. My entire DH at the time was worth, at most, 80 million, for everything I'd ever done in D3. I refuse to admit that there was an immediate Dollar equivalent to the sale. So when I spent literally all of it over the next week decking out my new barb and tweaking my DH, I also refused to admit to myself that I'd just spent ~190 dollars on a video game character. Nope nope nope. Pixel currency made, pixel currency spent. The only time I will access the RMAH is if I undergo a major life change, give up gaming entirely, and decide to make some real-life profit out of my many hours clicking on monsters.

Sorry for the derail. Good luck in your auction.

You guys do know that $135 is only 260mil'ish? Most people playing D3 still haven't switched their gears in their minds that their gold is actually cash.

As for the experiment, open bidding does not work as efficiently as AH because it's easy to privately contact the seller. It's not like in the real world, where open bidding happens then and there, and no going back on your offer.

edit: not that I'm saying it's worth 260mil. Crit damage is rather low, same with 6% attack speed, but the 10% cc kind of helps it a little.

And btw, next time OP, don't start the bid at such a low price. I'm pretty sure you that ammy will not sell for over 100mil at this rate, and I think it's worth over that price. The problem is there might be 10 people who want it, but 9 of them will take note of the time left and come back to snipe it. In that case the bid won't be raised (generally) until the last minute.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy II View Post
    I don't know what the gold price is in USD but surely $135 is a damn good offer? The amulet has rather low dex and attack speed and average crit damage.
    Just an experiment for science!