Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    PoE Moderator DickScotchfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    493

    Re: My name is Lostman, and I'm also addicted to the Rocknadoshards Windup Build

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Xanthu View Post
    , together we roughly approximate what stats it will take to run your meteor build effectively.
    It's not my build. I did not create it. I do not know why you are having problems stunlocking then. I meant no offense by pointing you to shocknado, simply that I do not know the minimums to make this work, only that I don't seem to be having a problem myself, OR that i'm not noticing when they're only stutterstunned. I know many who run this opt for 30APoC however, but I find 3 sources of APoC ridiculous. Are you spamming everything normally or orchestrating everything skill by skil? The latter isn't "necessary" but I would recommend it since we don't use 30 APoC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tombat View Post

    So I want to thanks to Dick for the idea. I will keep saving gold, improving gear and trying to find ways to adapt my build to this. And also have an eye always on this tread.


    Tomb.
    no worries, man. Again, I didn't create this (just not sure of the individual who did), but I'm glad you enjoyed it. About to make a new post about why shards shouldn't be used at top mp lvls (imo) that I'd appreciate you stopping by and giving your two cents.

    Quote Originally Posted by CharDar View Post
    I'm really enjoying this build, however, I can't use it on ubers (mainly because Magda swam requires a bubble), but I was wondering where I could improve.

    I know my Attack Speed could greatly improve (@ 2.09), but I feel that it will be very hard to do.

    I'd love some recommendations!

    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D...1/hero/7124926
    It is not for ubers. There are better uses of the free skillspot (I usually use some version of magic weapon).


    Forgot who mentioned that giving up teleport sucked, yes I completely agree. But the 25% team dps boost makes up for this in my opinion. Solo, however, shocknado might still be best. Though maybe not since the killspeed of rocknado is pretty awesome.


    To the others asking for gear advice. I will try to look again later on when I have a bit more time to specifically look at each's armory link.

  2. #22
    PoE Moderator DickScotchfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    493

    Re: My name is Lostman, and I'm also addicted to the Rocknadoshards Windup Build

    @Eric Xanthu

    Okay, so sadly your frustration might be my fault, and I apologize. I'm not sure if I mentioned this in OP (don't think so, will add), DO NOT USE METEOR UNLESS FULLY WOUND UP from twisters**. Personally I don't even add in EB until I'm about halfway there but that's not always necessary.


    ** exception for me might be to throw a meteor down from afar, while approaching mob, to get liquify on ground, but that'll be it until wound up.

  3. #23
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    EU
    BattleTag Tombatossals-2797
    Posts
    49

    Re: My name is Lostman, and I'm also addicted to the Rocknadoshards Windup Build

    Quote Originally Posted by DickScotchfist View Post



    About to make a new post about why shards shouldn't be used at top mp lvls (imo) that I'd appreciate you stopping by and giving your two cents.



    It is not for ubers. There are better uses of the free skillspot (I usually use some version of magic weapon).


    Forgot who mentioned that giving up teleport sucked, yes I completely agree. But the 25% team dps boost makes up for this in my opinion. Solo, however, shocknado might still be best. Though maybe not since the killspeed of rocknado is pretty awesome.
    looking forward hearing why shards should not be used at high MP. From my side, currenltly solo farming at MP7, I do love shards. I have drop my listed dps and vita to get more armor and AR in order to move from Shell to shards. Its just I deal more real damage (++ killing speed) and PROCS MORE. Proc+crits is the ultimate goal since your cooldowns decrease, you stunnlock better and triggers more shocking aspect and LoH. You kill faster and survive better, with moreless the same gear.

    Tomb

  4. #24
    PoE Moderator DickScotchfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    493

    Re: My name is Lostman, and I'm also addicted to the Rocknadoshards Windup Build

    Gonna have to formally apologize to Eric Xanthin on this one. After dismissing my scoundrel (buriza was assising me more than I gave it credit) and even putting evocation on (but keeping bone chill so base nova wasn't shortened regardless of amount of enemies recently frozen, coldsnap), and really paying attention as to whether i was stutterstunning vs. stunlocking, I found it near impossible to proper stunlock groups of two, difficult groups of three when no other targets were around. Apologies.

    Meh, glad I didn't post it yet about shards, friend made an interesting argument for it last night. I'm still not convinced and feel that if you can use shards, you can exchange those ehp points that allow you to do so for overall dps that boosts all your other skills instead +shell (talking about if you can use at max mp, for outgeared mp's I still use sometimes). He disagrees. Interested in all your input to be honest before I decide.

  5. #25
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    BattleTag Randalar-1109
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: My name is Lostman, and I'm also addicted to the Rocknadoshards Windup Build

    No apologies necessary. I know I sounded a bit testy but that was only when you sounded like you were telling me I didn't know how to run a cm/ww build. I only report my experiences in threads like these in order to give readers a fuller picture of what the build is like. Like I said before, my numbers (roughly) show the lower limit on the build...I'd guess that 2.5 aps and 45% crit would give me the performance I want on this one. The jumps in performance as you go up from my numbers are substantial...or to put it another way as you found out, the drops in performance as you go down from your current numbers are substantial.

    So here's to getting an IAS Chant and a int/crit lacuni...

  6. #26
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    22

    Re: My name is Lostman, and I'm also addicted to the Rocknadoshards Windup Build

    Quote Originally Posted by DickScotchfist View Post
    It is not for ubers. There are better uses of the free skillspot (I usually use some version of magic weapon).


    Forgot who mentioned that giving up teleport sucked, yes I completely agree. But the 25% team dps boost makes up for this in my opinion. Solo, however, shocknado might still be best. Though maybe not since the killspeed of rocknado is pretty awesome.
    What 25% team DPS are you talking about?

  7. #27
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    EU
    BattleTag Tombatossals-2797
    Posts
    49

    Re: My name is Lostman, and I'm also addicted to the Rocknadoshards Windup Build

    Quote Originally Posted by DickScotchfist View Post
    Meh, glad I didn't post it yet about shards, friend made an interesting argument for it last night. I'm still not convinced and feel that if you can use shards, you can exchange those ehp points that allow you to do so for overall dps that boosts all your other skills instead +shell (talking about if you can use at max mp, for outgeared mp's I still use sometimes). He disagrees. Interested in all your input to be honest before I decide.
    Since I moved from 1.03 Prismatic to 1.04 Shocking Aspect I have been fully aware, and still I am, that the most important issue with these builds is to get as many hits as you can per second. Hits, impacts, beats, anything that releases any damage and gives you in return life, procs, and on top of everything else , stunlock and real damage though Shocking Aspect, which given its own nature provides in return many more hits, crits and life...

    If you scroll the sticky CM thread you will see months ago I was using 2.x APS with less listed DPS and some people suggested that was an error, mostly playing at 1.7. Now is clear the more speed the better .

    Then I find shards just another source of extra hits. My listed DPS is lower but I kill faster. More hits are more life and crits, and the last one with shocking aspect just pumps out your real DPS. Also, leaving apparts the extra hits for one seconds, I see the shards bite very hard the mosters lifebars, more than expected with just 200% weapon damage, if comared with tornados that deals 360%. I want to carry on some test to check this out.

    For the above reasons, when solo playing I use hsards. In parties however, since my gear is not good enough, I do have to move back to shell to efficienly survive. Could be buriza is assisting me so much as well .

    Therefore, If I had all the gear available, I would only exchange Shards to get to the next speed break, not for having more listed DPS.

    Too bad there is not any frost nova rune that can hit and proc a bit.

    Tomb.

    PD. I also find meteors interrupts WW casts, the only thing is that in the sweet spot, they proc much more than half dozen of WW. (you know what I mean...)

    Edit. i also agree the minimum %crit chance is 45 not 40 anymore.

  8. #28
    PoE Moderator DickScotchfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    493

    Re: My name is Lostman, and I'm also addicted to the Rocknadoshards Windup Build

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Xanthu View Post
    So here's to getting an IAS Chant and a int/crit lacuni...
    I highly recommend not getting int on your lacunis. You pay an absurd amount for such a small bonus, and personally couldn't be happier with my choice to settle for high armor/high AR ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by CharDar View Post
    What 25% team DPS are you talking about?
    Conflagration + bonechill, so far seems to boost all damage taken, even from teammates.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tombat View Post
    Since I moved from 1.03 Prismatic to 1.04 Shocking Aspect I have been fully aware, and still I am, that the most important issue with these builds is to get as many hits as you can per second. Hits, impacts, beats, anything that releases any damage and gives you in return life, procs, and on top of everything else , stunlock and real damage though Shocking Aspect, which given its own nature provides in return many more hits, crits and life...

    If you scroll the sticky CM thread you will see months ago I was using 2.x APS with less listed DPS and some people suggested that was an error, mostly playing at 1.7. Now is clear the more speed the better .

    Then I find shards just another source of extra hits. My listed DPS is lower but I kill faster. More hits are more life and crits, and the last one with shocking aspect just pumps out your real DPS. Also, leaving apparts the extra hits for one seconds, I see the shards bite very hard the mosters lifebars, more than expected with just 200% weapon damage, if comared with tornados that deals 360%. I want to carry on some test to check this out.

    For the above reasons, when solo playing I use hsards. In parties however, since my gear is not good enough, I do have to move back to shell to efficienly survive. Could be buriza is assisting me so much as well .

    Therefore, If I had all the gear available, I would only exchange Shards to get to the next speed break, not for having more listed DPS.

    Too bad there is not any frost nova rune that can hit and proc a bit.

    Tomb.

    PD. I also find meteors interrupts WW casts, the only thing is that in the sweet spot, they proc much more than half dozen of WW. (you know what I mean...)

    Edit. i also agree the minimum %crit chance is 45 not 40 anymore.
    Yes, it's shards high dps output that keeps me trying it as well at lower mp levels, and having it limited to your immediate surroundings isn't a huge letdown since, well, we're usually that close to the target anyways due to Explosive Blast. But other things like storm armor and Meteor aren't boosted obviously and would be if the unnecessary EHP stats were spent elsewhere, to boost raw offensive numbers. I dunno, I'm on the fence. Especially with Rocknado where you have absolutely ZERO panic button, there's some comfort in having at least one hotkey dedicated solely to defense. It might just be that blanket-comfort that's holding me back I admit. Well, that and my gear :P

  9. #29
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    BattleTag Randalar-1109
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: My name is Lostman, and I'm also addicted to the Rocknadoshards Windup Build

    Indeed, I meant to say armor/crit. Armor is slightly lagging for me. My current Lacunis are just int, crossed myself up trying to say it.

  10. #30
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    EU
    BattleTag Tombatossals-2797
    Posts
    49

    Re: My name is Lostman, and I'm also addicted to the Rocknadoshards Windup Build

    Just want to clarify that when using Rocknado I do not use shards. As you say, without teleport I dont risk. Do not know with ultimate gear. Well, not enterely true, Rocknado in public games I can use shards with meteor .


    I am using shards with current windup build, and I love it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •