Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IncGamers Member

Re: Locust swarm pestilence farming build.

Why do you use zombie dogs life link? I would have thought you'd probably want angry chicken or something to help if the mana is low.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by MCPWTB View Post
    Why do you use zombie dogs life link? I would have thought you'd probably want angry chicken or something to help if the mana is low.
    1.3 aps, an extra 23 mana/second, Gruesome Feast and Grave Injustice with a 54 yard pickup radius, and 63k dps unbuffed all combine to mean I don't need extra mana, whereas my EHP is still a bit lower than I'd like and 10% reduction in damage + 3 more tanks means I can usually save time I would've otherwise spent resurrecting and restarting or skipping an area.

IncGamers Member

Wonder if this skill will become more popular with the increase of monster density.

IncGamers Member

I finally got my WD to 60 to be able to use the gear that's required of this build and I have to say that it's a blast to play. Being able to run through packs of mobs only casting a single spell and still being able to spam Bears when needed gives the best of both worlds. Not being reliant on CC and CD affixes on gear makes this very cheap to build if you want it to. The one thing that the OP didn't mention is that you won't be on 100% life after going through a pack. With a high enough life regen and LoH, it can be mitigated but it's still unnerving watching the bulb drop without spamming skills. Pestilence can go through several screens and I've consistently been getting 20+ kills with a single hit. With the bonus XP that provides, you can easily farm Paragon levels. I made P11 basically in a single session without really doing Alkaizer runs. The other thing is that this build doesn't really play well with others; the HP buff that mobs get in MP runs counter-productive to what we're doing here. It can be done, but it's best sticking with the group and flank cast instead of going super solo.

EDIT: After the deployment of the 1.08 patch, this build works very well with parties. Locust Swarm, move, Locust Swarm again, Spirit Walk if surrounded and keep moving. You'll be getting 50+ kill streaks all the time, if not more.

I'm currently doing 56k dps unbuffed with a gold weapon but it's still enough to kill the trash on MP1 without needing to recast. My gear is the Zunimassa's set (minus mojo), Stone of Jordan, Mara's Kaliedscope, Blackthornes belt with some crafted bracers and shoulders. Basically, my resistances sit in the high 700's some breaking 800.

If you don't have 90+ mana regen, like me, and can't continuously spam Bears, drop Circle of Life and Sacrifice and add in Vision Quest and Firebomb/Pyrogeist. It's basically a 30% auto mana regen which is great when using Bears against elites. If you go this route, change to Spirit Walk/Healing Journey as you don't need the mana regen there. The other thing I've dropped is the Horrify and replaced it with Mass Confusion/Paranioa mainly for the damage buff but is great when you get surrounded and packs start dropping each other.
    Build here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dfh!UWY!YcYYca

Cheers,
    Hangmansnoos#1220
    Last edited by Hangmans Noose; 08-05-2013 at 14:57.