Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BattleTag kamap* / kamap-2813

Re: Advice for my monk needed! (mp6 stuck)

I totally agree, I'd rather have a challenge then faceroll trough things.
    Thats why I like keyfarming better then just legendary farming, it justifies the slow runspeed of things a bit and no one can go "but you are doing it wrong".
    But when I'm really tired or just feel like running trough mobs and not really thinking I'll go to MP1 and just faceroll everything, farm an act and end with killing the warden, then do that again. But mostly I'll play on a higher MP setting.
    Ook the ring isn't awsome (though it can be the most awsome ring out there if the RNG gods are willing) and you wont get alot of legendary items quick, but for me thats not really the goal of the game.

IncGamers Member

Just because resolve is "most popular" doesn't mean it is actually good. It's not like OWE and STI which are switched on all the time and work against all forms of damage. Resolve is much narrower. If you die to arcane orbs stuck in some crowd control skill, it didn't help you. If you're killing mobs that aren't even hurting you though the OWE and STI defensive buffs you've already got on, resolve isn't helping you either. There's a very small target between "win more" and "not enough" and I don't think resolve hits the mark.

Personally, I just use fleet footed as the third passive during any normal farming. Movement speed always helps you, even when you're in town. For uber fights I'm indifferent between resolve, transcendence, and a dodge passive. I can't say there is a clear winner based on any formal testing, but on theory alone I'd guess a dodge passive helps to prevent the burst damage deaths in the SK/Maghda fight.

I mostly run with transcendence, the heal does help me and with a full bulb its 9300 life which is about 1/4th of my total life, it does help.
    I've tried a dodge passive from time to time over transcendence it just wasn't my cup of tea.
    Iits not bad, I just like the heal more cause you can time it compared to the dodge passive, the dodge is based on luck, it might work it might not.

While normal farming (MP0 or MP1) fleet footed is awsome indeed.

No way you need 1000+ loh if you also have 2.7+% ls on one of the weapons with that dps.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by kamap View Post
    I mostly run with transcendence, the heal does help me and with a full bulb its 9300 life which is about 1/4th of my total life, it does help.
    I've tried a dodge passive from time to time over transcendence it just wasn't my cup of tea.
    Iits not bad, I just like the heal more cause you can time it compared to the dodge passive, the dodge is based on luck, it might work it might not.
    Hey kamap, note you can get the equivalent of transcendence from giving up just one attribute in your Helm. It's quite cheap in Inna Helm noone seems to want LPSS there.
    I agree about Fleet Footed. I only switch it off for ubers. Now that I think of it, it would be useful for chasing down Kulle and getting out of his time bubbles.

Bad time bubles can be serenitied. It would also destroy your 5 NV stacks switching it out to Fleet Footed for only kulle, it doesn't bring anything to the other uber fights.

True you can get LpSS somewhere else (weapons, helm) but I'd rather have it stack ontop of transcendence then be the only source.
    Can helms get to 62 LpSS?

IncGamers Member

I run cooldown reduction nowadays, the extra flashes & other spells seem so much more useful than the little bit of extra "Life on hit".

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by kamap View Post
    Bad time bubles can be serenitied. It would also destroy your 5 NV stacks switching it out to Fleet Footed for only kulle, it doesn't bring anything to the other uber fights.

True you can get LpSS somewhere else (weapons, helm) but I'd rather have it stack ontop of transcendence then be the only source.
    Can helms get to 62 LpSS?
    The bubbles are too frequent to handle with just serenity. Fleet footed would also be useful against Skeleton King and Magda. They move around a lot and lasers need to be dodged. Not useful against Ghom and Siege.

Helms can have 62 LPSS. Lvl 62 helms can also have 62 since 1.05 including Inna Helm.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    No way you need 1000+ loh if you also have 2.7+% ls on one of the weapons with that dps.

Totally true, and who told me that I need more loh doesn't understand how having 150k dps + ls works :V

By the way, I think that the main problem of my monk is that it is top 400EU dps (monk) but far away when you look at his EHP.

I can off tank mp6 ubers with easy atm (some paragon already farmed helped) but I'll rework mainly all res.

In solo, mp5 is face rolling couz I own any elite path with only 1 use of serenity, while in mp7+ things get more harder. I never tryed any easier then mp5 for that reason and as I wrote, the umbalance between dps/ehp is the main problem.

I'll buy a Litany with 9%IAS 7%Elite Reduction when I'll see one at around 200M has 1st upgrade. Then look for bracer with poison/ar.

Also working on a new tanking build with a shield and around 100k dps. I'll share the item build when I will be satisfied with the ehp/dps calculator

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G.../hero/27462563

I have cheap bargain gear and feel calm at almost all times, even when dancing on molten trails, fire chains, or surrounded by arcane orbs. Of course I need much better gear for doing MP but I'm fine for my situation.