Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Let's speculate on 1.07!

I haven't heard much talk, and certainly none from Blues, regarding the next patch. So, now that 1.05 is somewhat wearing off on our collective interest, let's talk future! What do you guys and gals think we might see?

I don't think they'll add any events/bosses/etc. Perhaps a new system, although I cannot think of what. I don't think major requests like PVP or a fully-fleshed out rune socketing system will make it into the next patch. I figure PVP will be 1.1, which won't be until Blizzard thinks it's ready, which will coincidentally (tin foil hat on) when sales of Panda Pack have dipped enough after the holiday season.

Honestly, I somewhat wonder if we'll even see a 1.06 before the hopefully-big 1.1.

I'd like to see a redesign of the Monk for all those of you who play them and want to use more than a couple standard skillsets. I'd certainly love to see a few dozen more legendaries get released, ranging from more crap to some unique ones that allow for weird builds. One specific thing, although I don't use a 2H'er, would be a damn legendary 2 hand weapon other than Skorn that can roll well for end-game type players. Skorn Skorn Skorn, it's tiresome.

tldr; if we see 1.06 I'm guessing:
    -Monk skill balancing/buffs of weaker skills
    -Possible barb nerf
    -New look to bnet menus, more group-creation flexibility to allow specific things to be done. ie mp4 keys. mp1 speed run. mp8 Ubers. Etc
    -Fix the [blanking] [blank] [redacted] [explective] [blank] chat thingy where my chat scrolling is absurdly fast and I can only see the very top and last 5 messages in my chat box
    -Fix the very frequent Lost Connection games I see with my new WW barb, which I never, ever saw with my DH
    -Fix the weird graphics glitch in a3 Rakkis and some other spots that causes massive FPS loss in some instances
    -Moar legendaries!
    Last edited by Maclowery; 30-11-2012 at 03:17.

IncGamers Member

Re: Let's speculate on 1.06!

I expect .06 to largely be focused on balance, mainly on buffing/redesigning all the skills/runes that are use by nearly no one. I don't expect much more than that from the next one, but as long as they do a good job at the re-balancing, I'll be content with that.

I read that reflect damage will be a temporary affix in 1.0.6 or 1.0.7

Hard to guess. Many say there will be some love for Monk in next patch and I too hope this gossip is true.

Some changes/buffs for wizard. No it doesn't have to be for the CM build. In fact I hope it isn't. Atm I see too builds working well without CM. Arcane orb (often with hydra to boot), and blizz/hydra (venom or arcane). I'm getting a bit tired of arcane orb, and blizz/hydra is a very safe build, but doesn't have the same damage output as arcane orb.
    Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

BattleTag unReality-1664

Hoping no 1.0.6, and the next patch released is 1.1.0.

PVP pleasethx.

IncGamers Member slevin kelevra's Avatar
    BattleTag FooBear408-1353

Let's speculate on 1.06!

I'm holding out for some sort of nerf on the reflect damage monsters.

Those are slightly tough and mildly frustrating.
    Last edited by Noodle; 08-11-2012 at 15:15.

IncGamers Member

I don't give a **** about PvP. The game's design would have to fundamentally change in order for it to accomodate PvP in any way. As it stands, it'll be a complete pay-to-win joke, and I don't think the skills and mechanics are made for PvP anyway. I think PvP will be DOA since the game is so completely not made for it.

Instead, I think Blizzard will start to seriously consider ladders. I'm sure they're aware that they'll need to do something to extend the longevity of the game, and one of the most iconic things about D2 was its ladders. It can attract players to this very day -- thousands of people came back to play when the ladder reset yesterday, and I expect Blizzard were watching and aware of how good this mechanic is for the game's culture. It is the perfect cure for stagnation.

Other than that, I'd like to see a heavy nerf to Run Like the Wind, general buffs to WD/DH/monk, changes to a few of the more irritating elite affixes, and maybe buffs to some of the many useless passive abilities. Other than that, I think the game is starting to become genuinely good.

IncGamers Member

This is not as much of a guess on what will happen, but my idea that I'd love to see happen (but won't):

I'd like all the purple named mobs to have their own unique item. The ones that we see often on our current runs (keys, a3 areas, etc) would have to have a pretty darn small chance to drop the item, on top of their rare spawn. I don't necessarily want people actively trying to farm a single rare spawn for an overpowered shield or something. But it would be cool if there was a slight MMO feel to seeing a purple and thinking "ooh! He can drop this cool monk hat!" I know that item creation is a lot of work to keep things balanced. So it's a pipe dream. Alas.

IncGamers Member

I really hope for some monk changes so more of the skills become usable. Would be nice with at least one passive focusing on some more dmg output (those that exist now are quite useless, not worth it with using 2 spirit generators and the other one only working while healing in multiplayer... and both of them are booooring.) I guess they will only try to fix things with a few damage buffs to some skills and that in the end it wont really affect the builds in any way, but you can always hope for some fun changes!
    I do believe that the OWE nerf will come now. They've warned us 2 times before patch 1.04 and 1.05, the change should come in this patch.

Also hope that they fix it so that it's a little better to play at higher MP, not only for hellfire. Killing speed is by far king, the extra 25% MF doesn't make any real difference if you kill slower when you go up a level of MP if you already have 300-400 MF with neph valor.

And I do hope for some more legendaries to choose from, now everyone is running around with Vile Ward and inna's pants and there are pretty much no good legendary or set gloves. Tasker and Theo can get quite good rolls, but it's quite uncommon.

I would love for an update from the blue guys, hasn't been any real info the last few weeks since 1.05 so should come something soon!