Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: What's going down tomorrow?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama wins

1 10.00%
  • Romney wins

2 20.00%
  • Obama lawyers his way to a win

0 0%
  • Romney lawyers his way to a win

0 0%
  • The Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man destroys the U.S.

7 70.00%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Re: Voting is the best revenge! (Election results 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    Kodos? Governor Kodos? Didn't he go into acting?
    No, that was Kangg.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

More obfuscation, Merv? You're an apologist for fictional mass murderers now?

I have to take my hat off to you for that

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    More obfuscation, Merv? You're an apologist for fictional mass murderers now?

I have to take my hat off to you for that
    Wrong Kang, sorry, though I never thought of the other one as a mass murderer. I didn't recognize the spelling difference; chalk another one up to cultural differences.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Governor Kodos.

Merv, why are you so determined to protect this fictional character? I am getting deeply suspicious of your bona fides. You're a fascist!

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

Kodos the Executioner references and the election is just getting started, off to a good start

BattleTag nurman-2854

Quote Originally Posted by slevin kelevra View Post
    Attachment 3670

don't blame me, i voted for kodos!

Way too true.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

No Real change this Election
    For all its unpopularity, Congress emerged from election night largely the same, with Democrats holding a majority of the Senate and Republicans controlling the House.

The Senate
    Some fresh faces will appear, however, next session: in Massachusetts, Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren defeated incumbent Sen. Scott Brown, confirming Warren's status as a rising star in the Democratic Party.
    In Missouri, Democrat Claire McCaskill won a second term in her Senate seat over Republican challenger, congressman Todd Akin. The GOP candidate's remarks on abortion made news this year and appalled many Americans both inside and outside the state. Akin had to give up his House seat to run, so he won't be returning to Washington.
    Tim Kaine, who ran against former Sen. George Allen, won the Democrats a Senate seat in Virginia. Another toss-up race, this one in Indiana, went to Democrat Joe Donnelly as Republican Richard Mourdock fell behind, potentially due to recent controversial remarks he made about rape.
    One Democratic victory cost a Republican challenger dearly: Chris Murphy won Connecticut's Senate race, defeating Republican Linda McMahon, former president of wrestling juggernaut WWE. Over two unsuccessful campaigns, McMahon spent $100 million of her own personal fortune to pursue a Senate seat.
    Other Democrats also won re-election to the Senate: Bill Nelson in Florida, Sheldon Whitehouse in Rhode Island, Ben Cardin in Maryland and Tom Carper in Delaware.
    Also, some history was made when Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) beat Republican Tommy Thompson in Wisconsin, becoming the country's first openly *** senator.
    Meanwhile, in Tennessee, Republican Sen. Bob Corker held onto his seat. In some other toss-up states such as Montana, where Democratic Sen. Jon Tester faces off against U.S. Rep. Denny Rehberg, the race is still tight.
    Elsewhere, it's been a good night for Independents. In Vermont, independent junior Senator Bernie Sanders has won re-election, while in Maine, former Governor Angus King has won the Senate seat of retiring GOP moderate Olympia Snowe.
    The House
    Joe Kennedy III was the likely winner of Massachusetts' 4th congressional district, taking over for prominent Democrat Barney Frank.
    Michele Bachmann is still fighting an unexpectedly tough race in Minnesota against Democratic challenger Jim Graves.
    In Utah's 4th district, Mia Love may become the first black, female Republican to serve in the House, if she wins the race against one of the last Blue Dog Democrats, Jim Matheson. Early reports show Matheson with a 51 percent to 47 percent lead, according to the Salt Lake City Tribune.
    In Florida's 22nd district, Tea Party favorite Allen West lost reelection to Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy, during the concession speech of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.
    Another Tea Party candidate, junior Rep. Republican Bobby Schilling, lost in Illinois' 17th district to Democrat and former journalist Cheri Bustos.
    California's 10th district sees a tight race between "Astro Jose" Jose Hernandez, former astronaut, and Jeff Denham, a Republican freshman. Denham held a slight lead with 44 percent of precincts reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    No Real change this Election
    Bob, you stayed up to watch?

I'm already hearing variants of this Internet meme today:
    Spoiler

I'm not mad. I was wrong about my guess, that's for sure. I think I have more of a deep sense of sorrow for the future of America than anything else. The looters, aka the 47%, have won and there will never be another time that the GOP presents a challenge to the Democrats - so the one-party system will have to collapse before it can be replaced. I'm guessing 20 years or more. Long time to be standing in bread lines.
    in Massachusetts, Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren defeated incumbent Sen. Scott Brown, confirming Warren's status as a rising star in the Democratic Party.
    Case in point. Warren is an overt Marxist, while THE WON pretends he isn't.
    In Vermont, independent junior Senator Bernie Sanders has won re-election,
    Another open Marxist
    while in Maine, former Governor Angus King has won the Senate seat of retiring GOP moderate Olympia Snowe.
    This one should be in the 'pointless & stupid' thread. King is about as independent as Bernie Sanders. He's Maine's version of Jerry Brown.

Essentially, the TEA party was overcome by the Hispanic vote. Thing is, I know that most everyone <not> in the TEA party don't recognize what's coming at them. I suspect it's going to make Japan's "lost decade" look like a holiday.

Last edited by jmervyn; 07-11-2012 at 12:11.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    I'm not mad. I was wrong about my guess, that's for sure. I think I have more of a deep sense of sorrow for the future of America than anything else. The looters, aka the 47%, have won and there will never be another time that the GOP presents a challenge to the Democrats - so the one-party system will have to collapse before it can be replaced. I'm guessing 20 years or more. Long time to be standing in bread lines.
    Sure the Republicans can win, they just have to stop pandering to their lunatic fringe. Given that the US economy is still not great, this election should have been won by the Republicans, but they dug themselves into a hole by spending way too much effort trying to please the crazies.

IncGamers Member slevin kelevra's Avatar
    BattleTag FooBear408-1353

Voting is the best revenge! (Election results 2012)

I don't vote.
    Two part systems don't work.
    This government used to work for the people, by the people.

People don't think like that anymore. Hence, I don't vote. Ever.
    Last edited by Noodle; 08-11-2012 at 15:16.