Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: What's going down tomorrow?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama wins

1 10.00%
  • Romney wins

2 20.00%
  • Obama lawyers his way to a win

0 0%
  • Romney lawyers his way to a win

0 0%
  • The Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man destroys the U.S.

7 70.00%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Re: Voting is the best revenge! (Election results 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    What do you mean, actual punishment? This time I'm asking seriously, I've never had the opportunity to see what it's really like in prison. I'm wondering if you have a real issue here or you're just ignoring the 8th amendment and want to put them on racks or waterboard them or whatever.
    Well you could start by removing the Doritos and cable television. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Glurin is correct, here, Saro - on the way to ruin, the fascist Left is rarely content with just looting the treasury; they also concoct wonderful innovations in the process.
    Well, of course the democrats are as violent and blood-thirsty as the republicans, and will become more so as the situation deteriorates. I would never disagree with that.

I don't see how that invalidates anything I said, however. You're not planning on handing over your guns, anyway, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SaroDarksbane View Post
    Well, of course the democrats are as violent and blood-thirsty as the republicans, and will become more so as the situation deteriorates. I would never disagree with that.
    You like to pretend there's some sort of equity between conservatives and progressives, which is like saying that revolutionaries are the same as reactionaries. In other words, twaddle.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaroDarksbane View Post
    I don't see how that invalidates anything I said, however. You're not planning on handing over your guns, anyway, right?
    Oh, I don't have any guns to hand over. I'll bury the chef knives when Bloomberg comes after those.

i disagree. PP offers health services, often to poor poeple. it's also often the only place available to get an abortion--a legal procedure based on 40 year old settled law. I reject any comparisons, because they're not valid.
    See, you prove my points in three easy sentences. You regurgitate complete horsecrap, claim something completely outlandish, and then refuse to recognize any and all other proof. Hey, Presto! You're a Progressive Leftist!

1. Hamas provides day care services, so do you figure they ought to get taxpayer funding too?
    2. If abortions are in such demand, why do they have to be supported by the taxpayer? Why can't all the happy infant butchers cough up their OWN feckin' money, if they care so Goddamned much?
    3. I just finished calling you a deliberate low-information voter; couldn't you wait a day before applying the label yourself?
    That's not what fallacy of novelty means. The fallacy is that new things are better because they're new. This is an old thing that never was the way you say it was, but had one kooky person help set it up. It's like saying I'm a bad person for wearing a cotton shirt because slaves used to pick it.
    Not that I really care how extreme your delusions actually are, but trying to claim that Sanger was "one kooky person" and that PP wasn't specifically created for the purpose is to deliberately ignore the vast, widespread legacy of the American eugenics movement. In other words, you're either off your feckin' rocker or are purposefully dishonest. Hell, Obama's Science Czar is one of the practitioners; The Population Bomb, remember?
    We've had civil unions in IL for a while now. The world didn't end. I'd love to see an example of a church that opposes *** marriage that the state Forced to host the marriage anyway. Please, google forth.
    You're so thick it hurts. I know you won't even try to Google the number of cases where churches have been sued for such policies in "lawfare", but I recall at least seven separate examples in two years alone. Since Obama has decided that freedom of religion is only applicable within the confines of formal churches, I expect that number to skyrocket.
    Not about protected classes, not about farmer mcdonald and his sheep, not any of that. I'm talking about two consenting adults.
    Queers have the same rights as everyone else does. Period. Granting them SPECIAL rights to change the traditional definition of marriage to suit their demands is precisely what "protected class" entails. Furthermore, you have shyte for a claim, because you have no legitimate grounds to pretend that "two", "consenting", or "adults" has anything to do with your demand, so there's no reason that since you want to redefine thousands of years of definition on a whim, all these other concepts aren't suddenly just as arbitrary as the one I'm citing ("opposite sex").
    Of course they did, all this getting worked up about the obamacare covering the pill and other insanity basically set them up for it. You can't run a campaign on attacks that don't stick.
    It's times like this I really wonder why I bother talking to you. The Left worked them up through misinformation and slander. The "right" answered, but the Left's tactic of simply flinging the monkey-poo even faster worked on you & the other L.I.V.'s.
    The GOP served that narrative up on silver platter and Most moderates don't like that talk.
    Most GOP don't talk like that, either. If we get into the business of comparing stupid and/or evil, I hope you realize I can win hands-down - but the Left has the media firmly humping their leg so anything said by them goes down the memory hole while anything said by the GOP is shouted from the rooftops for weeks at a time, whether it makes sense or not. Binders.
    oh please, this conversation is proof that's not true.
    Hardly; your first paragraph established it beyond contestation ("I reject any comparisons, because they're not valid.")
    And if the grocery stores in oakbrook are as expensive as everything else there, I can understand why thieves would target them. Probably a bigger take than the banks out in the sticks.
    Precisely. I would expect it's already happening, and this time the National Guard probably won't be called out to Gary in time.
    If they allowed illegals licenses, they would also have to have insurance.
    After all, we know a priori what law-abiding citizens they are. I'm CERTAIN they'd buy insurance, and even use their own cars.
    So was that a thumbs up or thumbs down on merchantilism?
    I'm tired of quoting the Lioness of Tuzla. We're already in a barter economy in many areas.
    Even if you took all the violent crime and killed those people, that's only 3%.
    Then let's start there.
    Also, a disproportionate amount of prisoners are black, so if you kill them, and a higher percentage of blacks are executed, are you ethnically cleansing? Sounds an awful lot like your stance on abortion.
    I know you're not going to read Coulter's book, but she establishes basically that criminality by blacks is learned behavior. They were basically told by the Left that their criminal element needed to be given positive, caring treatment in order to not commit crimes. The capstone, of course, being Dukakis' Willie Horton episode, now firmly established in the public media consciousness as an extreme example of GOP racism rather than showing that the doctrinaire Left extended prison furloughs to hardened murderers (with obvious results).
    What do you mean, actual punishment? This time I'm asking seriously, I've never had the opportunity to see what it's really like in prison. I'm wondering if you have a real issue here or you're just ignoring the 8th amendment and want to put them on racks or waterboard them or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    Well you could start by removing the Doritos and cable television. Just a suggestion.
    Remove all weightlifting equipment. Shoot gang-bangers rioting or assaulting other prisoners. No "care packages". No "conjugal visits". No earning legal degrees at public expense. Certainly no prison furlough for any but those who are leaving or have short sentences. Joe Arpaio, buffoonery notwithstanding, has it exactly right when he says they certainly shouldn't be treated better than our soldiery - AND THEY MOST DEFINITELY ARE.
    You know damn well it's out as far as say, think progress or similar.
    Not at all; one of the Left's typical tactics is "oh, you're a smart person, SURELY you don't believe X". Sorry, but while The Blaze may be amateurish and have some goofballs, it's nowhere near as lunatic as Think Progress. Maybe it's on par with Huffpo, but that's recommended by Our Holy President, PBUH.

Another log on the fire:

"An Oregon man may have broken the law and is facing a state investigation after refusing to bake a cake for a same-sex couple’s wedding,"

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

False issue, Merv. No one lives in Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    False issue, Merv. No one lives in Oregon
    Tell that to all the hippies that fled California taxes... I'm reminded of Agent Smith's quip from The Matrix.

Oh, and I've a relative who lives in Portland.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Tell that to all the hippies that fled California taxes...
    Oops, that was a rounding error. People do live in Oregon.

I'm reminded of Agent Smith's quip from The Matrix.
    I'm reminded of the fact that my car needs a service.
    Oh, and I've a relative who lives in Portland.
    That's in Maine, Merv! That relative of yours is being decidedly sneaky

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Oops, that was a rounding error. People do live in Oregon.

Not that many hippies left but I got an Uncle an Aunt and some of my younger grandkids and a few friends that qualify.

Still in my 1/2 million dollar house in the Red part of the blue state of SolCal with a conforming 3.5% mortgage and lots of equity.
    10000 ft lot and 3000 ft house Pool spa and 20 miles from the Pacific and Disneyland.

Working a Good Job thats paid the mortgage and not going away anytime soon unless I jump ship for a better one.

How big an apartment do you get in NYC for that?

It all depends on your viewpoint I guess

I'm a 1/2 full glass guy to start with.

Jmervyn is not
    Last edited by BobCox2; 05-02-2013 at 04:06.

I'm reminded that I need to stop reminding people.
    No, I'm the one who wants to live in Maine. She's definitely in Oregon.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Not that many hippies left but I got an Uncle an Aunt and some of my younger grandkids and a few friends that qualify.
    I'm including the wannabees.
    How big an apartment do you get in NYC for that?

It all depends on your viewpoint I guess
    Apples to Yugos, Bob. Could you afford the same house in, say, the old Fort Ord environs? My grandparents owned a seaside cottage in Oceanside... heaven knows how much it would be worth now.

I'm a 1/2 full glass guy to start with.

Jmervyn is not
    I'm a remarkable optimist, considering that WE'RE ALL DOOOOOMED!!!