Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Only 24

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

Re: Lodge your interest/Submit your suggestions - D3 SPF MFO 2012 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Only 24
    I saw you were playing a new runner, I guess it does make more sense than running the windup.
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

BattleTag Joosh-6939

Okay so rules to be posted soon, and I'll post this for a laugh, drops from the last week of running.

Even as self-found, nothing there that's been useful :(

Joosh

BattleTag Joosh-6939

WARNING! Wall of text imminent!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quick Intro

For those new to the MFO, the basic premise that everyone picks a category and runs that like mad for about a week. It has always been a friendly competition that may somewhat justify playing a little too much Diablo 3

At the end, everyone scores their finds (scoresheets below) and adds up the top five finds.

The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.

The Categories

Self Found Softcore
    Auction House Softcore
    Hardcore

In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to the supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email.

Depending on the number of entrants, supervisors may be required to receive the updates & scores for the different categories.

Things to include in your e-mail (Progress emails and final upate):
    -Subject should contain ‘D3 SPF MFO’
    -Your forum name
    -The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

Example:

Subject: D3 SPF MFO Results
    Forum name: Joosh

Self-Found Softcore

The Witching Hour 90
    Zunimassa’s Trail 27.2

Sun Keeper 3.5
    Balefire Caster 1
    Balifire Caster 1 (Example of duplicate drop)
    Total 122.7

-If you quit or drop out, please send the supervisor an email or
    PM saying so.

-Email your score and post the screens of your top 5 to the supervisor of your category within 24 hours of the end of the MFO.

Eligible Drops

Due to the nature of farming in Diablo 3 and the fact that it is not possible to obtain a unique ID for each item (as was possible with ATMA and GoMule in Diablo 2), eligible drops will need to determined in a different way.

To ensure everyone remains honest (as best as possible), please take a screenshot of any eligible qualifying items you find whilst they are on the ground.

I know this system is not perfect but we have a great community and honesty always triumphs.

Participants

The list of entered participants will follow.

If you've entered, try to do your best.

And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Witching Hour or
    a Immortal King’s Eternal Reign if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.

Summary of rules:

-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
    compete in. No late entries will be accepted.

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
    items they find during the week.

-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
    decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
    found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

Prize distribution

1st Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrant in your category. (max 1 per entrant)
    2nd Place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you, in your category. (max
    1 per entrant)
    3rd place - picks 1 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you, in your category. (max
    1 per entrant)

A maximum of 2 items can be taken from each entrant per category.

I will add jjscud’s original "good sportsmanship" suggestions. These have been modified and some removed to be in line with Diablo 3 and wont be enforced but any reasonable person shouldn't have a problem following these.

1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
    2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. the item may be perfect to the finder)

Scoring

The system is a points system where a value has been attributed to all of the higher end legendaries based on the minimum gold price on the auction house.

The system was created by kestegs with the input of the Diablo 3 SPF Community.

Find below the score sheet;
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As5E9AEgWtn0dDE2a0NRVXhNMXlWbW1kdGtlcjk0T 3c#gid=0]

*Teams will not be included this MFO, this is not permanent or final and I am happy to review this should the community disagree.

Note: Your category isn't final until signups close and the MFO starts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know your thoughts everyone and I hope jjscud doesn't mind us borrowing and modifying his rules and competition for the community.

Joosh
    Last edited by Joosh; 18-11-2012 at 11:27.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Sv: Lodge your interest/Submit your suggestions - D3 SPF MFO 2012 Discussion

Great writeup joosh.

Will there be a seperate signup thread?

Regarding screenshots: first a shot of the unidentified before pickup, then another when identified, is this correct?

BattleTag Joosh-6939

Thanks Int, a lot of it was borrowed from jjscud's terrific work on the D2 MFO's.

On your other questions, yes I feel both screenshots should be taken and there will be a seperate sign up thread, I just wanted to gauge everyone's opinions on the rules first.

How does everyone else feel about the above?

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Well, we never required screenshots in the past, but whatever. I don't want to end up with a ton of screenshots, but I guess that's really not that big of a deal.

Looks pretty good. I think I would like it if you added a stipulation that any 3rd party programs are not allowed, since there are a few out there that help you not miss a Legendary.

IncGamers Member

How do we classify self found versus AH players?

In other words I am a completely self found player gear wise... however I allow myself to buy gems off of the AH because it is cheaper to buy crafted up gems on the AH then to craft them them all the way up yourself (I just make sure I have found enough lower gems before I buy the crafted up gem).

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Quote Originally Posted by SincereX13 View Post
    How do we classify self found versus AH players?.
    The Categories

Self Found Softcore
    Auction House Softcore
    Hardcore

From Joosh post above.

Would be fun if every participant also included region info, so we get a feel for where people are from

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by InteNuIgen View Post
    The Categories

Self Found Softcore
    Auction House Softcore
    Hardcore

From Joosh post above.

Would be fun if every participant also included region info, so we get a feel for where people are from

My question was more, can I classify myself as self-found if I am completely self found save for gems?