Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BattleTag AskMe (EU primarily)

Re: Lodge your interest/Submit your suggestions - D3 SPF MFO 2012 Discussion

Hey Hrus! Good to see you still kickin' around these parts!

I'll admit that I very much dislike that scores are based around AH values. As a non-AH user (to clarify: I don't buy stuff, but I have sold a few things on the cheap and I've played extensively with people who have been known to buy LOTS of items. Uber tainted, indeed), I'd rather ignore the AH entirely since the MFO is all about what a player can find and shouldn't include the AH at all. However, without any other system that displays item rarity, it's really the only basis to go upon. I don't like it, but I can't fight the obvious and would rather have the MFO under seemingly alien pretenses than no MFO at all.

After seeing how powerful an AH participant can be versus my non-AH character, I'd like to make different categories for self-found and AH users. The problem is I worry that we might whittle the player base down very thinly and have too few people in any given group. I support it, but I think we'll need to see how many people sign up before we commit to the idea. HC, on the other hand, seems like a natural division that shouldn't deem any argument against its own category, but we'll have to see how much interest there may be in that, as well.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Sv: Lodge your interest/Submit your suggestions - D3 SPF MFO 2012 Discussion

Agree that people using ah have a (too big) advantage. I am completely selffound myself and can only effectively farm mp0.
    Maybe some kind of handicap system?

BattleTag Joosh-6939

I don't think it's necessary for us to have a handicap system, however, I am happy to leave this item open for discussion.

This is the first MFO for D3 and inevitably the player base will grow with time.

I am currently for the following categories;

-Self Found Softcore
    -AH Softcore
    -Hardcore (Whether this requires a division between core as yet I am undecided, will wait for Hrus' and others input on this)

When signup occurs, I'd like all users to specify their status, from that we can decide whether or not there are enough players for clear divisions, if not then we may have to work out something else.

Rules are coming soon guys, I promise!

Joosh

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Cool, glad you guys seem to mostly like it. I agree with trm though and I really don't like the system, even though I think it's the best we can do. Hopefully some day we'll have the actual drop rates.

My formula was roughly this: I started ik armor at 150, then I took the next x.015 and as I went up the list I increased it by .001 each time. It worked fairly well with a few exceptions that I attempted to normalize, usually by just not increasing the factor that time.

Then in the end I went to the lowest scorers and just went up by .1 for every 10 of them. They didn't matter as much anyways, as they are not likely to impact the scores much.

It's an extremely imperfect system, I know

Witching hour and all other items retained their positioning from the previous changes. It was the doubling that moved it out of 2nd place in that round.

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

I actually disagree witht he doubling, but that is because the AH value of an item already takes into account its rarity. I'd probably have started straight from the raw numbers we had at the start.
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Yea, when I was writing that last post I actually had that thought as well.

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Yea, when I was writing that last post I actually had that thought as well.
    I think people forgot that the AH values take into account scarcity and desirability. I had a look at the average value of each tier (excluding jewelry) and it basically followed the drop odds.

If anything the 63s were over valued and should be dropped in value (probably due to being more desired).

BattleTag kestegs-1550

So do I need a rework? XD

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

how difficult is it for you to undo the JW double?

BattleTag kestegs-1550

I would have to take it back to the previous step, undo the double, and then redo the final step again as otherwise the order would be all wrong. But if it needs to be don I can certainly do it. And it probably does actually need to be done.