Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Joosh-6939

Idea Lodge your interest/Submit your suggestions - D3 SPF MFO 2012 Discussion

Hey Guys,

Many of you would have participated in MFO's held in the D2 SPF forums, and more of you would be aware of what they are.

For those who aren't aware, the MFO (Magic Find Olympics) has always been an excuse to run harder & faster than you probably should, for a longer period of time than is probably healthy, MFO is just a title we give to justify doing it.

That said, it's awesome fun, and I'm sure many of you would be interested in something like this being held in the D3 environment.

In Diablo 2, we had treasure classes which defined rarity and value, from this points were assigned.

In Diablo 3, we have item levels but there really isn't too much information on how loot rarity works beyond item drops rolling against each item tier of item quality on drop.

If there is enough interest I would definitely like (and be happy) to host an MFO for our new Diablo 3 forumites, however I ask of you suggestions on how we can determine a points based system for drops.

I.E.

-Do we only value by i63/i62/i61
    -Do we value sets higher than legendaries, given that there are ultimately less of them?
    -Do we give higher point values to class specific legendaries/sets
    -Is Jewellery considered more valuable?

If anyone has more information on how the drop rates and rarity values work in D3, please provide suggestions on how we can base points for the MFO (should there be enough interest).

With that said, I will leave this in the hands of the forums for discussion and check in regularly.

Thy, if there's any issues with what I've posted here please let me know, though considering it's all handed within an online environment, I imagine it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Joosh

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Sounds like a great idea! With the new so rates of 1.0.5 I think it should work pretty well.

It's too bad we don't have drop odds on stuff though. I'll try to do some checking around and see if anything is out there.

My initial thoughts:

Sets are worth the most.
    Class specific items shouldn't really be worth more.
    Jewelry maybe worth more, the drop odds of them do seem to be less.

BattleTag Joosh-6939

Re: Lodge your interest/Submit your suggestions - D3 SPF MFO 2012 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Sounds like a great idea! With the new so rates of 1.0.5 I think it should work pretty well.

It's too bad we don't have drop odds on stuff though. I'll try to do some checking around and see if anything is out there.

My initial thoughts:

Sets are worth the most.
    Class specific items shouldn't really be worth more.
    Jewelry maybe worth more, the drop odds of them do seem to be less.
    Totally agree Kestegs, and yeah with 1.0.5 it seems reasonable to put the challenge up!

I agree with your comments regarding points, hopefully you're able to dig up some further details but until then perhaps we could work with something along the lines of;

Set Items iLvl 63 = 6 Points
    Set Items iLvl 62 = 5 Points
    Set Items iLvl 61 = 4 Points
    Set Items iLvl 60 = 3 Points
    Set Items iLvl 50-59 = 2 Points

Legendary Items iLvl 63 = 5 Points
    Legendary Items iLvl 62 = 4 Points
    Legendary Items iLvl 61 = 3 Points
    Legendary Items iLvl 60 = 2 Points
    Legendary Items iLvl 50-59 = 1 Point

Set/Legendary Jewellery iLvl 60+ = 5 Points
    Set/Legendary Jewellery iLvl 50-59 = 3 Points

Blacksmith Crafting Plans 6 Stats = 3 Points
    Blacksmith Crafting Plans 5 Stats = 2 Points
    Blacksmith Crafting Plans 4 Stats = 1 Point

All Jeweller Crafting Plans = 2 Points

This seems reasonable, however I have concerns with the values potentially being too easy to achieve.

I.e. with everyone choosing a top 5, we run the risk of everyone achieving the max points.

Perhaps we need to review items by effectiveness, i.e. Tal Rasha's Amulet would be worth more than Duncraig's Cross/Traveler's Pledge.

Again, all and any thoughts & suggestions on how we base the points system will be considered.

Joosh

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

We could always do it that people present their top 5 at the end of the run and people vote on the winner (only competitors vote and they can't vote for themselves)? The only problem with that approach is people might bot be willing to trade items based on vote ....
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    I think that's a good start, but I'd be surprised if I couldn't pull out 5 ilvl 63 Legendaries in 7-10 days.

I've looked around a lot but haven't found anything useful on drop odds yet.

I think the voting thing isn't a terrible idea, maybe some sort of hybrid system would work.

My main issue with this game is the lack of (visible) info on the drop system rates. Something like - pack 300 MF, go to the normal oasis with 5 stacks and kill stuff there until a leoric signet shows up.

If possible, I believe we should start a pool about the number of people actually willing to participate on a MFO.

Story of my life:

Spoiler

I would participate on MFO just for the fun, since when I used to do MF runs on 1.0.4 I remember finding a couple brimstones... I mean, legendaries... I don't think I have a chance, but since my blizzard/hydra wizard finished inferno, now I'm a believer...

Problem, imo, is that it seems to have a good number of people on SPF with parallel goals (beat the game self found, kill 100k demons with a DH before selling his gear, rolling a barb after nerf, achievement hunters, etc.). I don't know if we'll have a crowd for a MFO yet.

BattleTag Joosh-6939

Mmm well this was a lodge your interest thread, it certainly doesn't have to occur soon but it would good to gather interest and determine how many people would actually participate, and as mentioned with the loot system it's a lot harder to determine the value of an item in points, so we may be here a while just trying to figure that part out!

Joosh

IncGamers Member

I would be interested, and I think the points system for now might be the best bet. Sets seem a lot more rare to me so I would say they need to carry a lot more weight than uniques.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Hey look, I just made a chart of all uniques/sets that can drop in the current patch!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lcjk0T3c#gid=0

This should at least give us something to work with so that we can start working on values and such maybe.

I hand copied that all so I may have messed something up here and there, if you see anything missing or wrong let me know please.

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

Awesome work kegs. I'll check it a bit later
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!