Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester

Re: The Legitimately Self-found Barbarian Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Hrus View Post
    Here is my untwinked Barbarian.
    Hey Hrus, thanks for sharing your build. Leap + Ground Stomp with Cleave and Rend sounds like it would mow down mobs. I'll definitely give it a try. Nice gear BTW, my barb is envious of that axe :P

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester

Was able to clear Inferno last night with my seismic slam/earthquake/wotb barb: http://goo.gl/HfhPs. Was hoping for single pass but I had to run Butcher about a dozen times. Was also pretty lucky to score the two hand legendary Maximus sword, which helped greatly in pushing through Act 3/4. Had about 60k life, 24k damage, and ~300 resist all (really should have around 500, but I feel barbs can stack life instead).

It was a lot of fun, I highly recommend more people try seismic slam

IncGamers Member

I actually did act 3 with my DH, still on a "single pass" regime. With the upgrades I found towards the end of act 3, act 4 will probably be about as easy (it's same monster level as act 3, but a bit more annoying monster types). Lots of deaths for sure, but nothing intolerable. If you want to play hardcore, though, I suppose single-pass is not really possible.

In the end, other than enrage timers, the way you play only affects how many times you'll die on the way. If you can pass the enrage timers (and extremely minimal gear requirements to not die on those bosses, which mostly include attacks that can be avoided completely, especially for a ranged class) you can clear inferno regardless of your build and gear.

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
    If you want to play hardcore, though, I suppose single-pass is not really possible.
    Someone in our own forums has done a HC single-pass: http://goo.gl/2llqW

And yes, it's obvious that anyone can clear Inferno with corpse dragging, but most people here are reporting on things more interesting then that, such as the detailed post from the OP.

IncGamers Member

Lookie here...

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester

Nice find, too bad about the Int though :P Man, I'm loving the ability from Maximus. That demon summon is actually quite powerful when you line up fire chain. IMO it's what a legendary item should feel like

IncGamers Member

I'd say he was a bit lucky judging by his stats at the butcher, but then again I might have just been very unlucky. In any case, hardcore single-pass self-found is definitely quite an achievement no matter how you look at it.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
    In any case, hardcore single-pass self-found is definitely quite an achievement no matter how you look at it.
    Absolutely. Question 1: What does the term "single-pass" mean in this context? (Single Player?)

And thank you to the original poster of this "The Legitimately Self-found Barbarian Guide" thread. (So, bump.) Hard to find but worth the effort. I did break down (somewhere around Inferno A3) and bought a cheap axe and shield. Since have found another Legendary sword to replace the axe. So, they do drop, eventually. I even found one, around lvl 40, while playing with my daughter (who's a College Senior) on that level. So I gave to her, of course. Belial has been, for me, the toughest "out". Playing for sometimes weeks (or months) without a useful drop sure does help one appreciate that sweet drop that ups your dps by a few "k". (Makes me think Blizz really doesn't care about people finding stuff. Sadly. Oh, well.) Thanks, again.

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Quote Originally Posted by Cragger View Post
    Absolutely. Question 1: What does the term "single-pass" mean in this context? (Single Player?)
    Generally it means you play through and don't re-run areas. If you have to quit the game and then come back, you try to get back to where you were before you left without killing anything/getting any extra drops; usually by running past the mobs.

A lot of the Tournaments in the Single Player forum are played Hardcore, single pass.

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname