Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Hellfire Ring Progress/Discussion Thread

So I've been doing a bit of key running of late and gave Ubers a shot with my monk and got my butt handed to me on MP1. Obviously, I'm missing something here. Are they just impossible to do solo or am I just undergeared? I can handle Act 3 MP3 decently, but like I said, even on MP1, I get destroyed. I couldn't kill even one of the pair (I've fought Magdha/SK and SB/ZK fight so far.)

Here's my profile, can anyone see my flaw?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/l...2/hero/8466770

I'm thinking about switching over to my WD instead, but the way my monk got 1-shot, I don't think my pets would last long.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/l...2/hero/8461757

Any help would be awesome thanks!

Ghom and Rakanoth are the easiest to solo, you just have to be able to out heal the poison cloud. You have no Life Steal or Life on Hit, these are long fights, you have to be able to out heal the incoming damage. If that is 70K damage unbuffed then aim for 5.4% Life Steal. The equivalent Life on Hit would be 800-1000, or you could get a mix of LS and LoH. You can only get LS on weapons. LoH you can get on rings and amulet too.

IncGamers Member

Life steal! Why didn't I think of that? You may have saved me hours of frustration here. Thanks!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy II View Post
    If that is 70K damage unbuffed then aim for 5.4% Life Steal. The equivalent Life on Hit would be 800-1000
    Ive always wondered how to compare those two stats. I was simply taking the percentage by the danage then comparing that to the Hit amount but that doesnt seem to be the case cause 70k by 5.4% comes out to well over 800-1000, almost 4x as much....

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJamaholic View Post
    Ive always wondered how to compare those two stats. I was simply taking the percentage by the danage then comparing that to the Hit amount but that doesnt seem to be the case cause 70k by 5.4% comes out to well over 800-1000, almost 4x as much....
    There's an 80% penalty to life steal in inferno.

IncGamers Member

Ok, so I did my first ubers tonight and did them on MP3. They ended up as Mahgda and Skeleton King. Took 4 tries to figure out what I need to do to beat them and then it was just a matter of patience. No Hellfire Ring ingredients though.

I have 7 machines right now but I might try to power up a bit and continue key farming so that I can bump up to MP4.

@lukin:

I don't really know what I'm talking about... I was gathering some WD data and it seems pets die pretty quickly there. Then I found this Uber Setup.

The main idea seems to involve having a spider queen out and pack some bears on uber affected by Hex/Mass Confusion...

(Right now, I would have to re-gear my WD almost from the scratch, since IK stuff with over 100 int ain't exactly common. One of the downsides of using barb gear on a WD, I guess )

IncGamers Member

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. I think I could switch out zombie dogs and firebomb as well as a passive or two and keep bears up longer which might help. I'm at 89k DPS right now, but am a little squishy at 38k vit, so I'll still need one or two more pieces of equipment. Right now though I'm cutting through just about everything (unless it has reflect damage which is pretty much insta-death or a very slow fight even with life steal) on MP3, but I'm still not sure I can take ubers even at MP1.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJamaholic View Post
    There was nothing scientific about it 5.4% LS comes from assuming you get 2.7% on each weapon, that's about the level I had on my Monk and had good success with. 800-1000 LoH is from what I've seen Monks using and what I had before swapping to LS, 400 on Amulet and 400 on a weapon.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Helix-1260

Quote Originally Posted by lukin View Post
    So I've been doing a bit of key running of late and gave Ubers a shot with my monk and got my butt handed to me on MP1. Obviously, I'm missing something here. Are they just impossible to do solo or am I just undergeared? I can handle Act 3 MP3 decently, but like I said, even on MP1, I get destroyed. I couldn't kill even one of the pair (I've fought Magdha/SK and SB/ZK fight so far.)

Here's my profile, can anyone see my flaw?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/l...2/hero/8466770

I'm thinking about switching over to my WD instead, but the way my monk got 1-shot, I don't think my pets would last long.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/l...2/hero/8461757

Any help would be awesome thanks!

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party - just now looked at your post. I play primarily with my monk (he's 100% self found) and just made my first infernal machine a while ago that opened a portal to SK/Maghda. I beat them solo on MP2 and died only once to them. My DPS is only ~38K, 3.00% of my damage is converted to life, and each hit adds 439 life.

My profile:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/H...60/hero/702412

I agree that the extra LS and LoH would help, but mine's not very high and I killed the ubers in probably less than 10 minutes, and that with significantly less DPS than you have (at least showing currently in your profile).

My opinion for the MP1 problems with the ubers are some of your skills. Though they're similar to mine, I think I have a bit more emphasis on defense (or at least buying some extra time when they are wailing on me!). When I first approach any elite, I use Blinding Light on them and try my best to wound one or more significantly while they're still seeing stars. A little bit later when I'm hurting, I hit them with Breath of Heaven/Penitent Flame which makes them run away for 1.5 seconds and that gives me time to heal or retreat, etc. A little bit later, I use Serenity/Ascension. I try to space these out a few seconds apart so that by the time I've used Serenity/Ascension my Blinding Light is almost recharged again. And of course I use a potion when I need to. One other thing I used for the ubers was Near Death Experience (I normally use Fleet Footed) which probably saved me a time or two. Also, Seize the Initiative really helps a lot with damage reduction IMO.

My resistances are kinda low at 258 each, but as long as I don't stand in fire chains, molten or plague pools, or play too much in the Arcane Sentries it usually works out fine.

I'm off to try to collect some more keys. Good luck and I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Helx; 19-12-2012 at 00:12. Reason: Clean up on aisle 7.