Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BattleTag MagpieMcGraw-2483

Re: Hellfire Ring Progress/Discussion Thread

Me, Fast Eddie and TRM did 3 infernal machines up to now. Once we got the siegebreaker and kulle on mp2, then we got them on mp3. Neither of these dropped any organs. On our last run we got Maghda and SK on mp4. It was nasty. We couldn't kill them as a group. I managed to kill them by myself, and got a writhing spine.

Maghda was very dangerous. Her flies have long range and deal a ton of damage. I ran around the map, waited until the SK teleports to me, then gave him a few whacks with the ol' Hammer. Repeat untill dead. Maghda by herself was pretty easy. I used ground stomp and leap to stun her, and this let me damage her in safety for a few seconds. Run away till skills recharge> stun> damage> etc.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by Pijus View Post
    Once we got the siegebreaker and kulle on mp2, then we got them on mp3. Neither of these dropped any organs. On our last run we got Maghda and SK on mp4.
    You aren't opening three portals in one game?

BattleTag AskMe (EU primarily)

Quote Originally Posted by SnickerSnack
    You aren't opening three portals in one game?
    We hadn't farmed enough keys to be able to do that at that point. One of us was too excited to wait as soon as they had a full set. Besides, none of us had any organs to that point, so hitting all three boss encounters wasn't necessary since we had no reason to assure we got a specific combo of bosses.

Wish we'd thought of letting the SK come to us when we three were together. In retrospect, we were far too spread out across the map. Seems like you got a good strategy there, PJ.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by TheReadMenace View Post
    One of us was too excited to wait
    So someone was being fast about it, eh? (just kidding, I have no reason to think it was eddie that was chomping at the bit, though I have my suspicions )

Besides, none of us had any organs to that point, so hitting all three boss encounters wasn't necessary since we had no reason to assure we got a specific combo of bosses.
    That's a good reason.

Wish we'd thought of letting the SK come to us when we three were together. In retrospect, we were far too spread out across the map. Seems like you got a good strategy there, PJ.
    I'll keep that in mind when I do my own organ runs. My barb is a bit similar to pijus'.

So, now that I have 2 infernal machines, I'd like to start organizing some uber runs for the NA server. I don't much mind having others owe me machines, so I can make two portals myself. I'm not up for ubers right now, but maybe tomorrow evening? Also, it might be a good idea to do some high MP boss kills as a group first. I've done SK on MP5, and it wasn't too hard. Battletag is mordell#1747 (if you add me in-game also send me a pm with your battle tag so I know it's you).

Also, if we go with running with the machines of whoever has them, and let those without them make it up later, then we might come up with some kind of table to track that.

BattleTag mordell-1747

I have three machines now (and 3/3/0 for keys). I'm up for a few uber runs or high MP boss runs to prepare for future uber runs. I have two skill sets that I'm using:

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skill...UrMjA1MjI4KzE=

(for key runs and anything else on high MP)

and

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skill...UrMjA1ODQ4KzE=

(for XP runs and anything else on low MP)

I don't know for sure which would be best for ubers.

As for forming a group, I'd like to run ubers with others at the same dps/survival level as my character. bnet is currently down, but here's a link to my barbarian for future reference http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/m...7/hero/4802397.

@SnickerSnack: I really like the synergy of Wrenching Smash and Smash! The stun will be very useful at high MP too. I'll have to try this . At low MP do you need War Cry? If not then you could swap it out for Overpower: Killing Spree for the extra burst damage and crit buff. The same goes for Tough as Nails, if you can get away without it then you could use Boon of Bul-Kathos, so you can use WotB more often.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy II View Post
    @SnickerSnack: I really like the synergy of Wrenching Smash and Smash! The stun will be very useful at high MP too. I'll have to try this .
    Yep, it's great. One of the big benefits is that it pulls enemies into denser packs so you can hit 3+ at a time, virtually guaranteeing that you can spam Smash until they're all dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy II View Post
    At low MP do you need War Cry? If not then you could swap it out for Overpower: Killing Spree for the extra burst damage and crit buff. The same goes for Tough as Nails, if you can get away without it then you could use Boon of Bul-Kathos, so you can use WotB more often.
    You know, I never thought of that. I'll have to see if I can speed up those runs.

IncGamers Member

Quick question, im playing solo and self-found, at what point should a character be able to handle MP1? I'm doing key runs and so far only found 1. Act 1 and 2 goes pretty smooth but when i try MP1 i just get stomped. Havent done any key runs for Act 3 yet. Seems like im right in the middle cause MP0 is boring but i cant do MP1. I dont wanna even try to do ubers until i can handle them at a higher MP.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJamaholic View Post
    Quick question, im playing solo and self-found, at what point should a character be able to handle MP1? I'm doing key runs and so far only found 1. Act 1 and 2 goes pretty smooth but when i try MP1 i just get stomped. Havent done any key runs for Act 3 yet. Seems like im right in the middle cause MP0 is boring but i cant do MP1. I dont wanna even try to do ubers until i can handle them at a higher MP.
    It's hard to say. It depends on a lot of things. MP1 bumps every act up to the same level, so MP1 Act 1 will be harder than MP0 Act3/4. If you post a link to your profile, maybe someone can help. You should make a new thread though, since it's not specific to the Hellfire quest.

Well, I did 5 MP4 uber runs with Smips and one of his friends. I used my HotA build, but I died a few times due to playing too aggressively (mostly on Kulle/Breaker). SK/Maghda was pretty easy, and Ghom/Rakanoth was really easy. I tanked Rakanoth just fine - with a non-tank build. Out of 5 runs on MP4, I got one organ: Devil's Fang. So, not much return, but now I feel pretty confident running ubers on MP4 and I think MP3 would be pretty easy. Also, I got another 3 Keys of Destruction, so not much of a loss either. I'm at 6/3/0 now.

I'd been doing XP runs, and I'm now up to plvl 26. I'll be doing key runs for a while. I may be able to do some more uber runs soon and maybe I'll get some progress toward a hellfire ring.

Smips' friend used a WW build, so I may try that next time. I use a ww build for XP runs, but maybe it'd be good for organ runs as well.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJamaholic View Post
    Just want to echo SnickerSnack's post that I'm happy to help in any regard with regards to this -- I've played the game entirely solo and self-found with all 5 characters -- I'm up to MP1-MP3 with each one.

More on topic: one of these days I'm going to need to be motivated enough to get together with some of the fine folks here to do ubers, if that's still a thing that's happening. Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll be able to pull my weight on a useful MP setting -- I can probably squeak by on MP4 right now with my WD but everything else is pushing it.