Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BattleTag mordell-1747

Re: Hellfire Ring Progress/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BaronScarpia View Post
    Also, with a team, you can split the key running (ranged guy kills act 3 warden, melee guy kills act 2 warden, etc.).
    Do you think running for keys in a group is more efficient than getting keys solo?

Edit: Not that efficiency is everything. Building some group cohesion via key running might make the organ runs more successful.

BTW, I'm at 6/6/0 now.

Let's pretend for a second I had in mind that keys are account bounded and wasn't suggesting key trading at all when I wrote that...

Ok...

Reworking the idea...

Ex.: A Barb and a WD run for keys together. Barb warcries, WD kills act 3 warden. We see what we got. WD timely casts pets while barb gets rid of act 2 warden, and we see what happens. Maybe dropping 1 MP can compensate the extra player(s).

A team with a wizard freezing stuff, a DH stunning with bola shot and one or two DPS Monk/Barbarian or even a gargatuan distracting the warden can compensate the whole thing. Maybe even play at higher MP settings... Having around people to ressurect you is always nice.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Let's pretend for a second I had in mind that keys are account bounded and wasn't suggesting key trading at all when I wrote that...

Ok...

Reworking the idea...
    Hehe, I had my suspicions about that.

Ex.: A Barb and a WD run for keys together. Barb warcries, WD kills act 3 warden. We see what we got. WD timely casts pets while barb gets rid of act 2 warden, and we see what happens. Maybe dropping 1 MP can compensate the extra player(s).

A team with a wizard freezing stuff, a DH stunning with bola shot and one or two DPS Monk/Barbarian or even a gargatuan distracting the warden can compensate the whole thing. Maybe even play at higher MP settings... Having around people to ressurect you is always nice.
    I can agree with that. Aside from pubbies, most of my MultiPlayer experience is with another barb, though he is more of a tank whereas I am more of a DPSer (I prefer the term shark, though).

Maybe we should organize some key runs with 3/4 players at MP4/5? We could start with MP 2 or 3, but I think with 3 or 4 people, MP 4 or 5, or perhaps even 6, should be the goal. If we can build up enough keys, we can afford to run for organs at lower levels. I'd much rather get into key running at MP5 and then run organs at MP3, rather than the other way around.

IncGamers Member

At 7/8/2 and found the Infernal Machine tonight. Sucks I have to farm Act 3 now, not really anywhere that I enjoy MF'ing.

The plan hates me and I'm in the "cleaning the mules process"...

@Snicker Snack: We could do it, def. The problem with WD is that I'll have to lurk places for theorycrafting on how to make gargantuan survive on MP5. That would be extremely efficient. I like my barb, but I don't like the builds (yep, it's weird). Maybe WD will be my main (I just have to find his ring ). I'll look for an efficient pet build at mp5 (aka: how to make gargantuan survive the cooldown).

Spoiler

Edit #100: %dmg against elite packs = gold. WD is my guy now... The small talk went to spoiler tags.
    Last edited by BaronScarpia; 10-11-2012 at 00:13.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by SincereX13 View Post
    Sucks I have to farm Act 3 now, not really anywhere that I enjoy MF'ing.
    I don't particularly dislike it. Still farming is boring.

@Baron: Well, my barb basically liquifies anything on MP3 (elites usually down in under 15 seconds). I haven't tried bosses on MP5, and if you've been reading the recommendations for preparing for Ubers, MP5 is where we might start as far as uber training.

Can we start an MP5 group for killing bosses?

There's also this: What if someone with a weak character joins our 3 person team to open the portals and then jets to let us kill it? How might that work? Do they get the organ for chilling out in town?

I'm not sure, but I believe you must enter the portal thing, not get one-shoted and hit both bosses. I was looking for WD info on other site (the one with top50 heroscore, dps, etc.) and saw some guy offering free runs if you provide the machines or runs for 10mi if you don't have them. He was specific about you naming a MP level where you don't just show up and die. Maybe you need to be around...

I know that, under normal circumstances, you get the loot if you're nearby or if you engaged the monster (iirc).

This is my barb: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...45/hero/948780 (pretend he's wearing ik boots - they're on WD).
    This is my WD: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...45/hero/954277

None of them is viable for MP5 as is, but I think that I can axe around 10k dps to put survivability at decent level. Problem is I'll have to change the builds and pratice with them for a while.

(Suggestions are welcome, especially on the barb, since I'm preety sure I don't have wd gear decent enough for survivability+ZB. Maybe he'll end up being a key runner...)

Game crashed here, I think it needs some rest.

BattleTag mordell-1747

I finally got an act 3 key, so I made my first infernal machine. I also had fun trying to find the Heretic's Abode.

As a break from key running, I decided to try the SK on MP5. It went well, but he hits very hard at MP5. Probably hit me for 30K damage, but my character is a bit of a glass cannon.The fight took a little over 2 minutes.

IncGamers Member

Act 1 and Act 3 key tonight, now up to 8/8/3

BattleTag mordell-1747

I got one more terror key, so now I'm at 4/4/0 with 2 machines.