Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Strength requirements on gear

I am returning to this game after years. Even back then I* wasn't a big gamer, just casual. I'm determined to give Diablo 2 the time it deserves. So I'm gonna play hard

I understand that there are Strength requirements on gear but while I have been looking through builds I have noticed the final Strength stat being very very low. I wonder how players are able to equip gear like this? Is this done after multiple respecs? Can someone explain this to me? Please.

One example of a build I am talking about is "Summoner/Magic Find Necromancer". The author writes that he gets all the strength he needs due to magic find. Can someone explain this mechanic?

Thank you for reading.

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Re: Strength requirements on gear

It just means he uses items that add to strength in order to meet the minimum requirements. For example, my Summoner uses the full Trang-Ouls set, and the shield is this item:

Trang-Oul's Wing
    Cantor Trophy
    Defense: 189
    Chance to Block: 60%
    Smite Damage: 0 to 0
    Durability: 20 of 20
    (Necromancer Only)
    Required Strength: 50
    Required Level: 54
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 75
    Fingerprint: 0xdb95e9ca
    +25 to Strength
    +15 to Dexterity
    +30% Increased Chance of Blocking
    +125 Defense
    Fire Resist +38%
    Poison Resist +40%
    +2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
    -25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
    Replenish Life +15
    ***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

IncGamers Member

Ok, thank you but I see that item itself requires 50 strength to equip. Do you find items that require no strength to equip but give you some strength stats? I'm trying to figure out how he only ended up with 30 strength in his base stats.

Would that mean he began with an item that required 30 strength and built his gear from that item?

Sorry, just confused.. just would like to get my head around things and try out a few classes before i know which one i'm going to build.

Thanks for your time.

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Lots of people use charms with + to strength to the point where they can equip their gear, which gives them additional strength. They are then able to remove their charms, while continuing to use the + to strength gear. It can be a hassle in soft core when you die, because you may not be able to auto equip your gear once you get your body back unless you go get the charms again.
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

IncGamers Member

Ok, I understand.

Thanks for help, appreciate it !