Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Need Advice on crafting helmets and WD masks

Hi guys, i just wanted to know if i craft 6 prop helmets or vodoo mask if the affix " decreases cooldown on zombie dogs" can be crafted. Thanks

IncGamers Member

Re: Need Advice on crafting helmets and WD masks

Sorry for the half-assed answer, but if it can spawn on rare drops of the same level, it can also spawn on the helms. You can easily check the AH if the stat is available on a 62 rare, though keep in mind you might be finding a level 62 item with level 63 stats (which cannot spawn on crafted items which have level 62 stats).

Though I don't see why you would craft those stuff. They aren't worth the 3s crafting time, not to mention the material and gold cost. Farm stuff, sell what you find, and buy what you need, just like any other good Diablo 3 player

At ilvl 62 the affix will spawn, but it won't be possible to get the max value of 9 seconds. 8 will still be possible. So to get perf you'd need it to drop from monsters, but with luck you could craft something potentially usable.

Although crafting rares is normally a bad idea, some skill builds are heavily dependent on skillmods to function properly, especially rediced cost mods (HotA, Impale, Cluster Arrow) or reduced cooldown (Sacrifice). Believe it or not the AH can run out of things like these so sometimes the only realistic way to get a good upgrade is to endevour to make it yourself; at the very least, you'd increase macroeconomic supply by offering similar, not-quite-an-upgrade items so that your upgrade is offered cheaper when someone else does find it.

I'm not saying crafting is worthwhile, but crafting towards something you might actually use is usually better than crafting purely to resell on the AH. The latter method loses 15% by its very nature, so you'd need the former to be significantly less efficient in a vacuum for it to be less efficient in your situation.

IncGamers Member

Neither form of crafting is good. Go kill monsters, sell your stuff, and then when a real upgrade shows up on the AH you might actually be able to afford it. Anything else is just a waste of your time in comparison.