Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Hit the lottery

  1. #1
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11

    Hit the lottery

    Tals Armor.jpg

    This piece is godly because of the insane all res and high armor affix. I couldn't believ it dropped yesterday. The vit is a little low and it's only 8 IAS, but I can't decide if I should sell it for 100s of millions or just wear it. I know that prices are falling everyday. It may just be best to try and sell it then rebuy a similar piece weeks down the road for a heavily reduced rate. Suggestions?

  2. #2
    IncGamers Member SWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BG
    Posts
    196

    Re: Hit the lottery

    Allres is good but we're talking about a chest that can roll up to 200 int 300vit ... yours has 145/69 .

  3. #3
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Orion Nebula
    Posts
    56

    Re: Hit the lottery

    Quote Originally Posted by Warsong View Post
    Tals Armor.jpg

    This piece is godly because of the insane all res and high armor affix. I couldn't believ it dropped yesterday. The vit is a little low and it's only 8 IAS, but I can't decide if I should sell it for 100s of millions or just wear it. I know that prices are falling everyday. It may just be best to try and sell it then rebuy a similar piece weeks down the road for a heavily reduced rate. Suggestions?
    Sorry to burst your bubble, that Armor is vendor trash. I do hope that you are trolling.

  4. #4
    IncGamers Member SnickerSnack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SA TX US
    BattleTag mordell-1747
    Posts
    6,603

    Re: Hit the lottery

    Quote Originally Posted by PearlOrion View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, that Armor is vendor trash. I do hope that you are trolling.
    No, you are trolling. Please stop. I'll give the OP 10k gold right now.

    OP: I don't know much about these items, but it is not vendor trash :rolleyes:. I don't know what it is worth, and apparently no one here does either. SWalker has a helpful post suggesting that it's not worth what you thought. Legendaries/Sets with low rolls aren't worth a whole lot, so you might not get a whole lot for it.

    That's not to say that it is a low roll; I haven't looked on the GAH to see, but you should.

  5. #5
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Orion Nebula
    Posts
    56

    Re: Hit the lottery

    Quote Originally Posted by SnickerSnack View Post
    No, you are trolling. Please stop. I'll give the OP 10k gold right now.

    OP: I don't know much about these items, but it is not vendor trash :rolleyes:. I don't know what it is worth, and apparently no one here does either. SWalker has a helpful post suggesting that it's not worth what you thought. Legendaries/Sets with low rolls aren't worth a whole lot, so you might not get a whole lot for it.

    That's not to say that it is a low roll; I haven't looked on the GAH to see, but you should.
    Due to hyper-inflation and the high drop rates of trash legendaries, see http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...-auction-house, there is negligible difference between 3,157g and 10k gold.

    The poor players are abjectly poor and the rich players are obscenely rich. Even 1M gold is pocket-change to those >100K dps players.

    Most Players are now worrying about mistyping/mis-selling one hundred million as one million as shown in http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...-auction-house, and here you are arguing between the difference of 3,157g and 10k gold.

  6. #6
    D3 Monk Moderator kestegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Posts
    47,569

    Re: Hit the lottery

    Do you really think that armor is worthless?

    If that had 9% AS I would seriously consider buying it myself. I think that's the biggest thing hurting it.

    It's easily worth 100 mil+ though possibly around 200 mil. He has listed for 250 bid/300 buyout right now and nobody is taking it.

    For someone who doesn't want to be a glass cannon that armor is amazing.

  7. #7
    IncGamers Member SWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BG
    Posts
    196

    Re: Hit the lottery

    Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    For someone who doesn't want to be a glass cannon that armor is amazing.
    How is ~70 allres better than the ~200 vit you are missing out from this armor?

    One affix can't make an item amazing if the others are lacking.

  8. #8
    D3 Monk Moderator kestegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Posts
    47,569

    Re: Hit the lottery

    75 Ar is a fair trade for 200 Vit IMO. If anything you should have said that you should drop the Armor for Vit or Int, as I think that will likely give you the most EHP. It also depends on your build, my build just doesn't need that much Vit and benefits far greater from more AR/ Armor.

    Regardless, the cheapest 70+ AR Tals is 70 million, so It's worth at least that.

  9. #9
    IncGamers Site Pal darkrealm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    BattleTag Dark-1181
    Posts
    1,664

    Re: Hit the lottery

    Quote Originally Posted by SWalker View Post
    How is ~70 allres better than the ~200 vit you are missing out from this armor?

    One affix can't make an item amazing if the others are lacking.
    Actually, one affix can absolutely make or break an item. The AR is going to bring him a decent value because that is a part of the random roll on the armor. you can add stats via gems, but you cannot add AR directly.
    HC/SC Diablo Junkie

  10. #10
    IncGamers Member SWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BG
    Posts
    196

    Re: Hit the lottery

    If you miss that much vit you're screwing yourself on all the other item slots where you could have had AR but instead need vit now. Unless you're content with having mediocre dps...then it's a piece of cake to get all the vit/res you need, anyway.

    I don't want to sound cocky but if you've tried getting a char to top 20 dps or top 50 heroscore, you probably know what I mean. You get most of the res you need from items that have it by default (zuni pox,vile ward,etc.) or from set bonuses (2 item Zuni) so you don't have to pay obscene amounts for something you can get cheaper in another slot.

    You need near-max on the primary stats and on vit for the specific item. If you can get that and AR from the same item than indeed it's a good investment but paying for AR with a ton of gold AND a ton of missed stats is not a great idea.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •