Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Monk 1 week ago, 236k unbuffed WD today and lovin' it

Hey everyone,
    just wanted to say hello and join the WD club if you'd let me in.
    As I said, I've been playing WD for 1 week now, it was the only class I hadn't leveled to 60 but it may well end up being my favorite. Love the huge AoE, build diversity and 95% movement speed with S.W+Stalker

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/s...Walker/3729342
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S...3/hero/3729342

I won't deny that I'm a bit of a glass canon with that gear but I'm mostly doing quick low-MP runs anyway. For ubers on Mp8 I go for a tanky build + stun and it's perfectly fine.

Looking forward to spending more time here. Cheers.
    Last edited by SWalker; 03-11-2012 at 10:32.

Re: Monk 1 week ago, 236k unbuffed WD today and lovin' it

Lol , I have been playing WD since day 1 , my main char still and have nowhere near the gear you have in one week :P How much did that lot cost

Probably about 500m total.

BTW, some items might be missing (like lacuni and main hand) because I used them for my other Chars and bnet profile updated it in that moment.

Welcome!

My Monk did all the hard work to make my WD's life easy as well.

Enjoy!

SWalker: You have like the best items the game has to offer. Only item that can be improved would be the lacuni prowers. Missing intelligence there.

How do you cope with reflect damage packs? Can you break even with the self inflicted damage or even outheal it? Or do you just kill packs so fast you don't notice it?

Ohh dire bats and fetish army. Skills frowned upon by the community. Respect

Hardly the best items but thank you for the kind words. Yeah lacuni was a great 30m purchase shortly after 1.04 I think. Very universal (used them on all chars) and high crit...also happened to have pickup radius which i'm stacking as can be seen by the rest of my items. I'm looking for a nice int one but I'm a bargain hunter so it might take a while.

Reflects is my weak spot yeah, main reason why I'm selling the Echoing Fury you see on DiabloProgress. I got a Manajuma and it's a lot better with it. On mp1-3 packs die before it affects my HP too much. On mp1 I actually 1-shot some packs with this rune of fetish army and that's why i chose it. Dire bats just kick zombie bears' ***, much quicker and less cumbersome to use, hate the pathing on bears.

I kinda like dire bats also. I only hate that they can't be fired thru doorways (In the keep for example) or any narrow opening.
    I think it's because of their zig zag movement, they hit the wall. But that's only what i think.

The reason why op has so much unbuffed dps is simple: tons of ias slots at cost of mana regen (tal armor, andy visage helm). It isn't really viable way to gear up if you use bears, since you lose more damage by running out of mana than actual dps profile says.
    Also no soj = lose tons of real damage vs elites. But it lets you break 200k dps unbuffed and feel good about yourself
    Pants are also "glass cannon" style, 0 vitality, 0 life.

Don't get me wrong, but you could get much more out of it, if you had more mana regeneration and less attack speed (and less profile dps).

He has 95% movement speed so apparently he is just moving around blowing up everything in one hit and have no need for what you list aerial. Also he doesn't use bears. I don't see them on the skillbar at least.

Still no reason to not use soj.
    And this strategy doesn't work at higher monster power. By not using bears you are gimping your damage output by a lot (which I admit is flaw of wd skill design, it is too powerful compared to other skills).