Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    BattleTag butch-1749

Re: Is the demon hunter a poor farming class?

Quote Originally Posted by EismitSahne View Post
    Thanks for you profile, it's kinda funny how everyone seems to think he has the best farming build...
    I tried your build (again, since i tried something like that already) and for me it is a lot slower then what i'm currently using. Wich is mainly due to it's lower disc generation (due to archery) wich results in slower movement over all (less disc for vaults). Also elite/Uniques take quiet a while with it.

My dmg is higher then yours so that helps but a alkaizer run takes me 8-9 minutes with this build

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/R...8/hero/9596799

Next up i want to revisit the strafe build an see how it compares
    Naturally the build you're used to will feel the best. When trying a new build out, you have to give it a while to learn to use the skills properly. When i switch to e.g. multishot or strafe build, it just feels odd and i'm slower than with ball lightning. If i'd give it some time, i'd probably be able to run just as fast.

IncGamers Member

That's exactly why i spend quiet some time with each build, especially if it's a bit more tricky to play with.
    I mean sometimes you can tell after just a few runs that the gab between builds is so large that even with practice it will never compare.
    Or with a certain gear lvl ou can already tell by the passive set up if it's gona be faster in mp0/mp1 but that's another story.

After some gearing and testing i found strafe a lot better then i expected it to be, it's probably not gona be my fav though since it's quiet borring to play.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by mysticc View Post
    There is no point to playing D3 if it's not about efficiency, as at this point, the whole game is about farming. And the farming is not enjoyable because nothing drops. The fact that you only get 1-2 legendaries every hour, even at paragon 70, is a huge joke - especially when you need to find 10 legendaries on average just to get a good type of legendary, and even then you need it to roll well.
    Who says that 1-2 legendaries per hour is average for all players with a certain farm speed ? I have really played alot(600+ hours) on my DH and it doesnt matter normal alkaizer runs or extended runs with 2-3 more maps, where i dont rush hard( like 13-15 minutes per alkaizer run). I often dont get a legendary for 2-5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by patonis View Post
    Who says that 1-2 legendaries per hour is average for all players with a certain farm speed ? I have really played alot(600+ hours) on my DH and it doesnt matter normal alkaizer runs or extended runs with 2-3 more maps, where i dont rush hard( like 13-15 minutes per alkaizer run). I often dont get a legendary for 2-5 hours.
    You probably won't get a legendary every hour if you run mp0/1 and are a low paragon level.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by mysticc View Post
    You probably won't get a legendary every hour if you run mp0/1 and are a low paragon level.
    I forgot to add with 350-375 MF(5 Stacks NV).

Quote Originally Posted by patonis View Post
    I forgot to add with 350-375 MF(5 Stacks NV).
    The 8% trash drop on Mp2 makes a big difference surprisingly.

In any case, if it's taking you 15 minutes to run and if you tried to get it down to 10 minutes, then you'd get 50% more legendaries.