Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 99 of 102 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102 LastLast
    BattleTag Jcakes-6373

Re: Night of the Living WIFOA - Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MartinLong View Post
    Ah, I generally see Thermo as an engineering course. Haven't actually seen anyone in Chem take it. Guelph is a fun place to be!
    It depends if he is talking about ThermoChemisty vs. Thermodynamics. I'd be interested to see what the course material is IIRC thermodynamics involved a lot of physics. That said all I can remember from that course was the fugacity (not that I even know what it is )
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

Sent a pm so as to avoid putting thermo in this thread (it's the devil!), but it's unavoidable. forgot to mention that yes, we covered fugacity a bit as it pertains to gases and liquid mixtures, and "chemical potential", whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcakes View Post
    It depends if he is talking about ThermoChemisty vs. Thermodynamics. I'd be interested to see what the course material is IIRC thermodynamics involved a lot of physics. That said all I can remember from that course was the fugacity (not that I even know what it is )
    I don't either, but it sounds bad! *eek*

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    Sent a pm so as to avoid putting thermo in this thread (it's the devil!), but it's unavoidable. forgot to mention that yes, we covered fugacity a bit as it pertains to gases and liquid mixtures, and "chemical potential", whatever that means.
    I just TA'd a thermo course just a bit ago. All I remember is fugacity is a fudge factor - basically a multiplier to make the numbers work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    I just TA'd a thermo course just a bit ago. All I remember is fugacity is a fudge factor - basically a multiplier to make the numbers work.
    Everyone one of my courses as a fudge factor But, our profs just made up funny (true) about how we don't know why they are what they are, I'm sure someone in a lab coat does, but not me! It works, so we use it!

(Motors, pressure of air past the 4 rotor of a jet engine etc).

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

Yep fugactiy is basically converting ideal gas into real gas. That said in the real world, we generally just assumed Ideal Gasses and/or use HYSYS to calculate properties
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

I really, really liked the turnaround on normal town/mafia - normally mafia are the cast of bad guys. The blurbs with vote counts were very fun. Stories were great as well. Great theme, well executed.
    The thanks are much appreciated.

Balance - how do you do it CG? Both WIFOM games have ended up balanced so far. I would give a slight edge to mafia in this one, town was pretty vanilla while mafia got some good roles. We only had one investigative role that got togive us any info - TC!
    Luck. I actually expected this one to be so unbalanced that I duplicated the "I'm not responsible" rule.

But really, a lot of it comes from what roles are allowed. I threw out at least a dozen ideas for roles I was going to include, and tweaked a few to make them work better. It gets to the point where you have to ask for every single role - "How can town abuse this role the worst? The mafia? With what other role(s) does it break the game?"

Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post
    What if Pyro day killed Gwaihir and claimed Gwaihir was an anti-town PGO? The wording of the PGO says it only works on night actions, not day actions. I daresay Pyro's claim would have been believed by some. That option was not available due to the mod confirmed info.
    Fair point, conceded.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar View Post
    Think I forgot to thank CG. That's rude.

Thank you very much for hosting this game and answering all my question in a timely and clear manner. You are a star.

*likes evil glare*
    Thanks again Caluin Graye for hosting and for story telling and for not modkilling me for all the bad thing I do...

Watch out Moar! He's actually trying to look through your blouse...

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    See, I told you guys I was bad at paying attention!
    It's a trap! I smell shenanistegs...

In an interesting turn of events, this is the first game I didn't think you were scum flubb.
    ...and I was convinced you were, ironic

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Quote Originally Posted by flubbucket View Post

It's a trap! I smell shenanistegs...
    Have you tried showing?

I was thinking about how I vote every day phase, every game.
    Am I the only person who does this? At least, I don't think I've missed a day before.