Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 19 of 102 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Re: Night of the Living WIFOA - Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MartinLong View Post
    Irony much?
    ^ Wrong portion quoted. Irony in the fact that Moar goes after BA for theory crafting, then BA goes after me.
    ---
    From now on I'll try to make my posts more clear.
    Still using my theory (not fact), that if these roles are in the game, and if actions of each role played out this way,
    jailkeeper wouldn't have been used.

So,
    2. Doctor -> 1 save
    7. Paranoid Gun Owner -> Wouldn't be triggered since all actions go to LR
    8. Strong Man - Your kills ignore protections -> If mafia, 1 kill.
    13. Jack of All Trades - 1-shot: Doctor, Cop, Coroner, Roleblocker. -> I would think on N1 someone would have used the cop role vs others to try to uncover unknowns.
    14. One-shot vigilante - Player's choice of night or day kill. -> If used, 1 kill
    19. Lightning Rod - Cannot be roleblocked. -> If Sath chose to use the role
    Hitman -> 1 kill

That would be 1 save, 3 kill. Vigilante could have not been used, resulting in 1-2.

If the jailkeeper role was used, then it would make sense that there was no lightning role in the game since jailkeeper protects all kills, right? (note the question mark, it means I am unsure).

Don't mind the attitude, it happens when I drink.

BattleTag EuScL- *Solar_Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jcakes View Post
    Does this mean you are?
    Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    woohoo!

@Solar,

Do you really think people including their own scum lists is really such a bad thing? You seem to think so, but I don't see why. Wouldn't mafia be able to judge who to kill w/o the aid of townie lists? I wouldn't call your statement stifling discussion, but it's about the closest thing to doing so without outright saying it.
    There is the right time to make lists and there is not.

Once again, take a look at South Park Mafia. There was a time towards the endgame that Sathoris (Town) made a Scum list that included 3 out of the 4 Mafia in the game. This was done at a specific time with a specific purpose - and it almost worked. The Mafia were pressured and almost lynched.

ThunderCat making his lists is his choice but suggesting that everyone make lists everyday looks like nothing more than an expedition to see if anyone is on the right track, to ease the NK decision making process and any possible frame-up jobs.

My above post mistakenly included Jcakes quote, meant to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by thefranklin View Post
    I would buy a real post restriction a little more if the zombies were mafia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solar Ice View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Still waiting for a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcakes View Post
    Does this mean you are?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    I am curious why you asked me if I was a zombie. I thought it fairly obvious that I thought it odd BA seemed to not be one. Could you explain the reasoning behind why you asked the question?
    Would be nice to hear from Jcakes on this one as well.

^ Wrong portion quoted. Irony in the fact that Moar goes after BA for theory crafting, then BA goes after me.
    ---
    Still using my theory (not fact), that if these roles are in the game, and if actions of each role played out this way,

So,
    2. Doctor -> 1 save
    13. Jack of All Trades - 1-shot: Doctor, Cop, Coroner, Roleblocker. -> I would think on N1 someone would have used the cop role vs others to try to uncover unknowns.
    14. One-shot vigilante - Player's choice of night or day kill. -> If used, 1 kill
    Hitman -> 1 kill

That would be 1 save, 3 kill. Vigilante could have not been used, resulting in 1-2.

If the jailkeeper role was used, then it would make sense that there was no lightning role in the game since jailkeeper protects all kills, right? (note the question mark, it means I am unsure).

Just noticed a hole in the theory. Strongman would only be useful if it were the hit man. Given that, the outcome is different.

There are many variations (obviously), but strongman is mafia hands overrules all protections, which changes the theory 'numbers' quite a bit.

*Too many variables. Brain explodes*

It would be nice if we knew exactly which roles were in the game, but obviously we can't have everyone claiming this early. Then mafia gets free picks on which roles to kill off.

I think = pretty sure?
    How else would a Mafia phrase that? "I am pretty sure Sath is Town" or something similar will raise eyebrows. Last game for instance, Sath (Mafia) used almost that exact phrase on Glib. Games before that, Mafia used that same line. That line is a Scum favourite, especially so when used early-game. And in Twilight, of all phases.

^You raise a good point.

Also, thanks for answering my question. That makes a lot more sense, now.

Sorry, quote error in the above post. Not replying to that quote but adding on to post 182.

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    I don't think ML is scummy just for that first post, at least that wasn't my initial reaction when I read it. I can see the points people are making, but I'm not convinced yet.

---

So,
    2. Doctor -> 1 save
    Hitman -> 1 kill

Sorry, but I don't buy this. You are fishing for roleclaims?

I don't like that. The last 2 games there was a very good reason for claiming, but this game isn't. So why are you subtly hinting for it?