Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Episodes 7-9 on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    The books existed before the movies (ep 7-9 might have been written after the first movie, I'm not sure), so one movie per book sounds somehow reasonable. We had 8 Harry Potter movies, one for each book and two for the last one, as well as 3 LotR movies and now another 3 for The Hobbit plus a few extras, so why not another 3 Star Wars movies?

Besides, there's nothing wrong with making a movie which a lot of people want see. I hope you aren't offended that somebody wants to make money with it.
    Actually, when I was little, I read a lot of star wars books that followed after the movies, haven't found them all, but those stories were awesome! (although I'm not sure if they're official sequels, since there's a dozen of them)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    Actually, when I was little, I read a lot of star wars books that followed after the movies, haven't found them all, but those stories were awesome! (although I'm not sure if they're official sequels, since there's a dozen of them)
    I'd argue with kris about the books existing before the movies, but he knows that already. From my understanding, the history is that Lucas originally had one big screenplay, which he then pared down to three segments, from which he took the middle segment as Star Wars, which then STILL ran way too long, so he broke it into three chunks which became Ep IV, V, and VI.

Anakin Solo? Evil Luke clones? So many possibilities. I am excite! I just hope 7 isn't a rehash of the Death Starish story which so many Expanded Universe chapters seem to do from what I hear but with a different weapon.

I just read in my boy's "Game Informer" magazine that LucasArts is getting snuffed by Disney. So sad; I loved X-Wing and there's a number of good titles they produced.

Will they do some damage on the way out?

IncGamers Member

I wasn't too pleased with Transformers 5, I mean Into Darkness, so here is...

BattleTag What Me Worry?

This is a page from the Disney brochure given out to the attendees of the European Brand Licensing Show. This is the detailed current calendar plan from Disney for the Star Wars brand. Plenty of little bits of info that will stir much debate and discussion:[/COLOR]

• Star Wars Mobile LEGO games following on from successful app releases of the Batman and Harry Potter platform ports. Coming in Spring / Summer 2014.
    • A Star Wars Digital Library is to launch in Autumn / Winter 2014.
    • Confirmation that the plan remains for Star Wars Episode VII to be released in the Spring / Summer of 2015.
    • But perhaps the most surprising, exciting and fast approaching news is the release of “Darth Vader Themed TV Specials.”
    • http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=14008

I'm cautiously optimistic. Nothing could possibly suck harder than Ep. 1-3 (even the Xmas special had some redeeming qualities), so as far as I'm concerned, it's all uphill from here.

IncGamers Member

^I predict something far worse than the prequels. "How is that even possible" you may ask?

Abrams not only misunderstood every character in Star Trek TOS, he somehow created their polar opposites and made Star Trek reboots thinking his characters totally captured the spirit of TOS. It's hard to explain how nightmarishly off he is. He made his heroes into antiheroes (with zero redeeming qualities) without even realizing it. With episode 7, you'll sit in that theater thinking it's Spaceballs 2. Not to mention they will be forced to make something scatterbrained that will appeal to both toddlers and the manchild generation to maximize profits. They'll get a computer to write it; the computer will tell them how many explosions and lightsabers must be jammed in to make money. The trailer will be damn good, though.

I'm totally rambling here, but the only new material you will see in episode 7 is some form of "super lightsaber" that is, say, a foot longer, and lightsabers that explode. I don't even like SW, but I'm a huge Trek fan, and I can tell you will all get trolled.