Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Episodes 7-9 on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    ^I predict something far worse than the prequels. "How is that even possible" you may ask?

Abrams not only misunderstood every character in Star Trek TOS, he somehow created their polar opposites and made Star Trek reboots thinking his characters totally captured the spirit of TOS. It's hard to explain how nightmarishly off he is. He made his heroes into antiheroes (with zero redeeming qualities) without even realizing it. With episode 7, you'll sit in that theater thinking it's Spaceballs 2. Not to mention they will be forced to make something scatterbrained that will appeal to both toddlers and the manchild generation to maximize profits. They'll get a computer to write it; the computer will tell them how many explosions and lightsabers must be jammed in to make money. The trailer will be damn good, though.

I'm totally rambling here, but the only new material you will see in episode 7 is some form of "super lightsaber" that is, say, a foot longer, and lightsabers that explode. I don't even like SW, but I'm a huge Trek fan, and I can tell you will all get trolled.
    If true it will be a master of bad movies at least and will spawn all the fun LUZ on South Park etc.

It would be something to see happen but Disney tends to do better than that.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

More News Today

Empire Strikes Back cowriter joins Abrams on Star Wars: Episode VII script

Lawrence Kasdan—a Lucasfilm veteran who wrote or cowrote scripts and screenplays for Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi—is now cowriting the script for Star Wars: Episode VII alongside JJ Abrams. Commenting on the switch at StarWars.com, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy praised Kasdan by saying "there are very few people who fundamentally understand the way a Star Wars story works like Larry."
    Today's news means Michael Arndt, the original writer slated to handle Episode VII, is no longer involved. Arndt boasted an award-winning background that included Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3, but his resume did not contain the intimate Lucasfilm knowledge of Kasdan. "Michael Arndt has done a terrific job bringing us to this point, and we have an amazing filmmaking and design team in place already prepping for production," Kennedy noted.
    In addition to the staffing news, today's announcements updated the current status of Episode VII. Preliminary work such as location scouting, production design, casting, and costume design is all underway. The staff list involved in those aspects of the film reads like a modern sci-fi dream, with a director of photography who worked on both modern Star Trek films and a special effects supervisor with Skyfall, Dark Knight Rises, and Inception in his resume.According to the site, shooting for Episode VII is set to begin in Spring 2014 with a goal of releasing the film in 2015.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    I so need to buy all the stuff they ban. In Mint condition and keep it that way.

Meh I bet they keep Jar-Jar so no real Chainsaw in the first place.

AFAIK they're not "banning" anything. All Disney is doing - in a nutshell - is declaring that the expanded universe crap is non-canonical.

Star Trek has always had that rule in place. Novels, comic books and video games based on the IP are published all the time but only the tv shows and films are official canon.* Without some kind of rule like that in place, it would be practically impossible for writers to make new programs and movies (the stuff that actually generates the real revenue) without tripping over someone else's fanwank.

*The one exception that comes to mind is some minor character detail about Spock's youth from the 70s animated series.

Sofar I've seen a lot of posts where people express their darkest fears of what Disney "plots" to do to the Star Wars Franchise.

But I'm actually curious to hear what people'd like to expect, what would make the next SW movie succesfull for you?

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

I'm less scared of Disney than I am of Abrams, did you see "Into Darkness"? Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    But I'm actually curious to hear what people'd like to expect, what would make the next SW movie succesfull for you?
    Just a good, focused fantasy/sci-fi adventure set in the Star Wars universe. Simple answer but that's really all it would take to make me happy. Also, more use of practical fx. The "everything CGI" in the prequels ruined immersion for me - especially during action sequences where real actors had to interact with bits of tape stuck to a green screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares View Post
    I'm less scared of Disney than I am of Abrams, did you see "Into Darkness"? Yikes!
    Don't mention that steaming pile in my presence. Might want to avoid it in Thyiad's neck of the woods as well.

Kind of a shame because the new actors are swell. Waste of potential and good talent IMO. Abrams should be shipped off to the retirement home with Lucas and heavily medicated.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    AFAIK they're not "banning" anything. All Disney is doing - in a nutshell - is declaring that the expanded universe crap is non-canonical.

Star Trek has always had that rule in place. Novels, comic books and video games based on the IP are published all the time but only the tv shows and films are official canon.
    So this is Official Canon ?

Now lets start with this and write a good story.
    Last edited by BobCox2; 20-01-2014 at 06:02.