Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

Re: morales about gold exchange of this forum

People used to do these kind of trades in Diablo 2 and it's not a big deal. The problem is finding somebody that is has played HC, decided it wasn't for them, and is going back to SC.

Post in the appropriate trade forum for the server you're playing and see if you get any offers.
    Eschew obfuscation!

BattleTag unsane-1631

Quote Originally Posted by mesafalcon View Post
    reasons ppl like or dislike the fact that it's an option.
    I'm ambivalent, it is what it is.

I don't see a problem with you doing it. You're basically transferring your "time". If you don't feel like it will ruin the experience (and in fact will even enhance your experience), there is literally no reason why you shouldn't do it.

My impression is that people typically never return to SC once they've discovered HC for the first time. The main reason some play both is to play with friends who don't play HC.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by entranced View Post
    I'm ambivalent, it is what it is.

I don't see a problem with you doing it. You're basically transferring your "time". If you don't feel like it will ruin the experience (and in fact will even enhance your experience), there is literally no reason why you shouldn't do it.

My impression is that people typically never return to SC once they've discovered HC for the first time. The main reason some play both is to play with friends who don't play HC.
    well. the thing that keeps me away from SC and may always keep me away from SC is other games. I think GW2 and T2 are better than D3 softcore ... but HC is awesome so far.

mainly, I'm not gonna spent too much on a single item (to use, flips are different of course). my limit atm is the 5mil range..

and spread out my character levels the best i can so losing a 60 will never bring me back to square 1.

anyway, thanks for the input

IncGamers Member

i understand, and i even agree for the most part with you guys.

but, what do i do with the 250mil ? Let it sit on SC in case I one day play again ? Sell it for 19 cents a million ( I'd have to exchange to Japanese currency so minus 20 % whatever it is, last I heard 25 cent per mil). No way. too cheap.
    HC apart, I wouldn't leave 250 million gold sitting there. Come back in 4 weeks it'll be worth half as much. You should sell it now to paypal or bnet balance.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by gakky View Post
    HC apart, I wouldn't leave 250 million gold sitting there. Come back in 4 weeks it'll be worth half as much. You should sell it now to paypal or bnet balance.
    ya. I traded away most of it and bought tanked out items with some.

cant believe how low some prices got in SC. looks terrible. so, now you can basically pick and choose anything under completely godly for like 50k - 3mil ish? seems pointless, so happy I 90% play HC

IncGamers Member

There's also the option of investing. 250 million spent on legacy nat's parts should, in theory, only appreciate in value.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karth View Post
    There's also the option of investing. 250 million spent on legacy nat's parts should, in theory, only appreciate in value.
    well, i have 70 mil now... but, not a bad idea ya.

Legacy Justice Lanterns might go up in value too...

IncGamers Member

Legacy Justice Lanterns might go up in value too...
    It could certainly happen with the introduction of pvp, though I can't foresee much else making them truly valuable on softcore.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karth View Post
    It could certainly happen with the introduction of pvp, though I can't foresee much else making them truly valuable on softcore.
    you can wear 2 of them. one legacy and one current one... so, you can really max out block... more ppl might realize that and be like hmm, i wanna try that. like i did last night.

stood in mp5 a3 in the core with 63% block and my other life regen gear etc and mobs couldnt kill me. gotta attribute some of that to the JL stacking (tested this on SC). so if i had that set up in HC, which is expensive as far as the high block SS and HOC and JL, but, not undoable, i'd be pretty hard to kill on MP0 or MP1 if i could stand in mp5 and not die as mobs pound me.

but

in hc, that JL legacy would be a tall order...
    Last edited by mesafalcon; 15-11-2012 at 05:18.

IncGamers Member

I am ok with sc:hc, hc:sc at least it keeps the gold within the game. I am not for buying gold off of gold farmers outside of the game. I think the most difficult part is finding someone you can trust to do sc for hc, as there is no real safe way of doing it unless you trust the person. I traded sc for hc twice (in increments and once got ripped off on first batch, 2nd time was good and traded several times with the person but now hes out of hc gold :X