Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Crusher builds comparison question

My favorite char is furyzon, but she is totally helpless when facing someone beefy and heavily loaded with lightning resistance. It's not a problem in a usual hell runs - let LI's work on my my decoy and valk while i'm going further or if i'm an aggressive mode i can use strafe of jab or FA. But in Uber Tristram or against elusive Diablo clone she can not do anything. People who write guides usually focus on builds comparison within one chosen class, but i'd like you to compare effectiveness of various crusher builds. As far as i can see, there are 5 of them:
    1) zealot
    2) smiter
    3) dragon talon kicksin
    4) frenzier
    5) werewolf
    If we exclude high rune containing runewords and other extremely expensive stuff (more than a few Ists) and require that the char could be leveled solo with reasonable pace what will be your choice? (I've skipped charger due to leveling).
    The other question is what builds start to run ubers after ladder reset when not very expensive but quite rare uniques such as stormlash are hard to find?

Re: Crusher builds comparison question

Id say the easiest is a smiter/zealot hybrid. But Ive heard that kicksins can be really cheap too!

But Ive got close to none experience with assassins..

Peace

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

I'll second Archone. Zealer/smiter aka 1-pt-smiter is the cheapest. They have the best inherent block chance and defense abilities. Getting enough gear with CB and a decent shield make them very cheap. A fury druid with a rib cracker is pretty cheap too, but requires a rib cracker.. I don't know how quickly you'll be able to find one at the start of a ladder season.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

i like 1p smiter aka smealot too. but i think assa is more versatil, less gear dependent, has crowd control and areal skills and for first choice is better. and if u didnt try kicker or some hybrid (i recommned start with it) its definitely worth testing

IncGamers Member

I decide to test talon kicksin now.
    I do not know yet how it will work at hell but in my ~40 lvl it is just amazing.
    Melee char with death traps and shadow makes wonders

y, exactly. very good on this build, even untwink, is that basic dmg is from boots, which u can buy, gamble, craft, drop or upgrade (although high str req). also bos or fade is very good. shadow master can tank and atract monsters. ds is amazing, in troubles cos or mb. so enjoy and kick through whatever, monsters or situations

I'd go with whichever one sounds most fun to you, they can all be built cheaply. Kicksin will have corpse explosion as well as great utility in CoS, mindblast, and SM, Zealot/Smiter is great for ubers, Frenzy barb will give you a BO source, Wolfs can be built on the cheap with a ribcracker and ravenfrost. I would say the easiest to pvm with on a budget would be the sin due to dragon flight, cloack of shadows and death sentry, the hardest/slowest untwinked would probably be the paladin.

Edit: Just realized how old this thread is, wow they don't move from the front page like they used to. I'm sure you've picked one by now.