Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

help installing D2

Hello everybody i'm currently having trouble installing D2 i have the all the cds to for installation except disk 1 that cannot be read, so i went onto battle.net for digital download and there they ask me for a 26 digit cd key, whereas in my cd box the cd key is only 16 digit.

basically i have the cd key but not the cds for installation is there any way to make the digital download work? i'm a total computer noob bare with me please

thanks

IncGamers Member

Re: help installing D2

Never done this, but I found this that might help.

Quote Originally Posted by https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-online-game-downloads
    Note for Starcraft and Diablo II Users: The CD key needed for the digital download will be 26 alpha-numeric characters in length. You can register an older 13 digit numeric StarCraft CD key or 16 digit Diablo II CD key in your Battle.net Account Management and it will automatically be upgraded to the new 26 alpha-numeric CD key required for the digital download. The shorter keys will not work with digital download and need to be converted.
    So basically you register your cd key with blizzard and it will give you the 26 key for the download.

Yep. Ive done it! Just enter your old 16digit code and it will work!

IncGamers Member

worked thanks =)