Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Yawyk-2476

Re: LOL D3 SP What? Tourney! SPF's First Official Tourney!

This is great, I'll be joining shortly!

BattleTag unsane-1631

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy II View Post
    Unfortunately my connection is playing up at the moment so I won't be starting any HC chars and therefore can't join . It's been ongoing, my ISP insist there is no problem when they test it but my connection drops say otherwise!
    If the ISP says nothing's wrong, usually it's something you can fix on your end. Have you made sure nothing else is using the connection? Other computers on the same connection, torrents downloading/uploading (reduce the max upload threshold), unbeknownst trojans, or anything? Also, you should try resetting your modem and router any time your connection starts acting up.

Quote Originally Posted by InteNuIgen View Post
    I tried and started a game, then leave. Grayed out. Start again, move char a couple of feet and she said the first line ("The air is heavy bla bla"), then leave. Now "Change quest" was available. Weird
    Hmm reopened the client a couple hours later and now Change Quest isn't grayed. Never walked forward the couple feet, but that sounds like a good trick.

Quote Originally Posted by entranced View Post
    If the ISP says nothing's wrong, usually it's something you can fix on your end. Have you made sure nothing else is using the connection? Other computers on the same connection, torrents downloading/uploading (reduce the max upload threshold), unbeknownst trojans, or anything? Also, you should try resetting your modem and router any time your connection starts acting up.
    Well, they sent me a new modem and I even bought a new phone but it's starting playing up again!

BattleTag unsane-1631

Quote Originally Posted by cheerupemokid10 View Post
    There is no going to town other than for quest completion items
    Followers are allowed as you find them throughout the acts
    Can you change followers back and forth? Are you allowed to interact with them in town? If yes, can you only do so when forced to go to town by a quest?

BattleTag Hrus-1210

Kora killed Skeleton King. Fight was long but relatively uneventful. found first (!) 2 rares, Wanga Doll with +5 VIT, +5gf, +5mf and relatively weak Crossbow.
    She is lvl 12 now.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag AbNormal-1124

Joined group, will create char when I get home from work.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Rembrandt also downed the Skeleton King, same here, fight took forever but never any danger.
    Got 1 rare, useless belt. Level 12

BattleTag unsane-1631

entranced/unsane#1631
    SPFtourney1
    WD
    A1 Norm
    Alive

Treasure Goblins: 0/2. :( SK conveniently dropped a rare ceremonial knife and rare shield.

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    We could just allow repairs at wandering merchants maybe? I think gear starts to deteriorate after level 10 or something like that.

I had HC gold already as well, but at the rate I'm collecting it I know I could never spend more than I've collected.

IncGamers Member cheerupemokid10's Avatar
    BattleTag pizzle-1873

Wow! Lots of action here in the past couple of days. Sorry I haven't been on to answer some questions, had the flu and haven't been able to move.

I'll go with the old fashioned "no cheesing" policy for the wandering merchants. No re-rolling quests/maps just to search for Wandering Merchants. It'll just have to go by the Scout's Honor where honesty is the best policy.

I agree with Kestegs about the gold issue. You'll likely have picked up enough while questing to purchase anything from a Wandering Merchant. But, if you see yourself as cheesing that too and buying way too much there, then make it an extra limitation for yourself.

The repairs will probably become more of an issue later on as I believe the repairs do kick in at Clvl 10 or when your items start dropping at Ilvl 10. Can't remember for sure. But things do deteriorate, at a much slower rate than death, from normal usage. So as said before, we'll keep repairs but only at Wandering Merchants.

Followers: Can be switched in town but only if you are already there for a quest related reason. Since they switch out on you when you discover them in the field, I'll say that you can switch them back if wanted.

I accepted everyone's application for the groups. Haven't had a chance to talk with Elly. Sending a PM about it now for having our own ladder group.

Got to spend about an hour and a half going through with my Monk. Just hit level 11 and got the crown. Things are going well so far. Slow and steady. Definitely enjoying all of the CC possible and self-heal on the monk. Haven't run down on potions at all yet either.

Found a magic dagger early on at the special Quill guy in the basement IIRC. Haven't found a better weapon still. Something like 12 dps and a 1.5 aps. I was able to keep quite a bit of stuff locked in recovery. I'll definitely be looking for more fast weapons like that to keep me going.
    Last edited by cheerupemokid10; 30-10-2012 at 15:47. Reason: update on personal progress