Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag ShadowHado-1348

Re: LOL D3 SP What? Tourney! SPF's First Official Tourney!

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Yea, it's pretty slow in here unfortunately.

I'm still the farthest in act 3 NM. I'd like to continue, but can't find the motivation to play :(

Hope your can make some good progress soon!
    Totally understand- I'm pretty much in the same boat. Part of me wants to play D3, and part of me wants to ignore it. Even when I have convinced myself to play recently, it's always been a short session, usually because of boredom or my hatred for Act 2, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by InteNuIgen View Post
    Act 1 normal for me right now.... Level 13 and just entered the dreaded FoM..... pray for me....
    I highly recommend using Entangled Shot (Chain Gang) for crowd control, and Bola Shot (Volatile Explosives), which you'll get at Lv.14. Other than that, maybe Impale for high single target damage and the knockback/stun for escaping, but only if you have a free skill slot open for it. Oh- and if you don't want to use Bola Shot, you could use Grenades instead, but I'd prefer to not have to get that close to mobs.

Good luck!

~~Nate

IncGamers Member cheerupemokid10's Avatar
    BattleTag pizzle-1873

I also highly recommend entangled shot chain gang. It doesn't do the most damage, but it is great at slowing things down if you are saving your discipline for SS. The bigger explosion on Bola makes a big difference which is really nice too. I ended up liking caltrops better eventually so I could spam bola and, once unlocked, chakram for mob destruction. But I had to get a decent damaging 1h xbow for me to switch from chain gang to caltrops.

I do suggest staying with a 1h xbow because the speed makes a huge difference against a big slow 2h xbow. This might change once you get elemental arrow, which I died right before getting to that previously. But being able to hit those groups with more bolas means more splash damage and that means faster mob death when you are not using a hatred spender.

I haven't had the drive to play as of late myself either. I haven't really played at all since losing my DH. I did a little messing around with a speedmonk using the massive stun of sledgefist and frozen orbs of Wizzy with Frosties +cold damage. It was fun and different, but not as fun as I had hoped. Maybe with a little more practice it would have been better, but it packed the speed for sure.

Maybe I'll get back into this with another DH or WD myself, or maybe it's time for a new challenge to gauge ourselves at!

BattleTag kestegs-1550

6 months with no posts? My WD says: ARISE!

I haven't been playing much D3 lately, but I'm completely bored with all my games right now, so it was time to fire up the old WD! We left off with him at the end of ACT 3 NM at level 54.75 Leveling is really slow at this point and I was wanting to hit 55 before Azmo. But I couldn't make myself do it so I just pushed on. Azmo was a long fight, the dude has some serious HP! It was relatively uneventful though. He got me with the fireball at one point, which knocked off a good 75% of my health bubble, but other than that it was just stay safe and DPS when I can. He rewarded me with a weapon upgrade though. It was a very minor DPS loss but has LoH and a ton of vit on it. He also dropped a nice mojo, but I just couldn't give up the EHP of the shield.

The fight I was really worried about was Izkatu at the start of act 4. That proved to be pretty easy though, and I ended up with a massacre of 338

The next area proved to be near fatal as I ran into a rare subjigator who has extra health/waller. I got a survival achievement for getting down to 38% life and surviving Had to run back to the previous area and let my cooldowns come back up and regen all that life.

Rakinoth was also a very scary situation. Things went pretty well as long as my gargantuan and templar were wailing on him to keep him occupied, but I couldn't keep them up all the time. There was a point where I was running around with about 10% life with everything on cooldown. I beat him though.

The next areas weren't too hard with careful play. I am now sitting at the large area that is right before Izual. I will be really surprised if I can make it past Izual and Diablo and get to Hell, but I'll be attempting it tomorrow.

I put a link to my character in my sig if you wanna check him out. Maybe I'll make a video of my coming fights if it doesn't lag me.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Well...I pressed on...

Spoiler