Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
    BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: LOL D3 SP What? Tourney! SPF's First Official Tourney!

Act 1 is now down!

It went fairly smoothly, late in the act I switched to acid cloud/firebomb and that seems a lot better than dire bats/ splinters. I mostly full cleared everything and did very little reruns, except a bit of the last couple areas to top me off to get level 42. I found some nice upgrades and was glad to find the lost mine event early in the act so I could repair my equipment at long last. As you can see by the chat log this was my first NM HC Butcher kill, so that was cool

The butcher fight went surprisingly smooth, I was super nervous going into the fight. In fact, I was so nervous I messed up my skills when I was changing them before the fight. I decided to go back to splinters, as it's really good for single targets. Just one problem...I didn't choose a rune, so I did the whole fight with unruned poison dart as my main attack XD

I don't know how many times he grabbed me with his ancient spear, but it was probably over 10. As long as I had spirit walk available it wasn't a big deal, but otherwise it took about half of my life.

Spoiler

Hope somebody is still reading these updates

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Yep we're reading, well done kestegs

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by InteNuIgen View Post
    Yep we're reading, well done kestegs
    Thanks, Glad to hear it!

It's been a slow week and I've been rather sick and unable to play much, but I have made some more progress

Act 2 is a rather treacherous place, and I am certainl;y feeling the pinch of more difficult monster types. Some notables so far have been:
    mortar jailer vicious magewraths
    Molten vortex sketetons
    jailer waller vicious magewraths
    Molten firechains murderous fiends

The keywarden was also rather nasty and I ended up just gibing him off screen

Couple times I got down very low, like less than 10%

Late in the act I switched my build a bit to take dogs off my bar and replaced it with the grasp of the dead that gives you zombie dogs on monster kill. This is working pretty well right now.

I was extremely nervous about the belial fight. extremely. nervous!

Went fairly smoothly though. I have a couple of good friends that play WD as their main so I got some good advice.

Skills:
    Dogs: life link (10% damage absorbed)
    Gargantuan
    horror (100% extra armor for 8 seconds)
    spirit walk (3 second rune)
    Haunt (+life return rune)
    fire bomb (pyrogeist rune)

passives:
    spirit vessel
    pierce the veil (20% dmg for 30% more mana costs)
    jungle fortitude

Phase 1 was pretty easy with just the snakes. Oh yea, I used roll the bones rune on my firebomb for the first two phases.

Phase 2 was actually rather tough, he took forever to get down, and it's tough to keep away from all the snakes, got down under 20% a couple times during this.

Phase 3 was really smooth for the most part. The only 2 skills I used for damage are the haunt and firebomb, and they both only need to be cast every 6 seconds. so that gives you plenty of opportunity to focus on dodging his various appendages. He only caught me with meteor once, but man did it hurt! I think I got 2 of them at once actually, but I got down to maybe 5% life! I think he did 3 phases of meteor, so the duration of the fight wasn't really too long.

Was at level 49 going into him, and exp had pretty much slowed to a crawl.

Spoiler

I think act 3 should be mostly smooth sailing as long as I play it safe. My goal is to hit 56 by the end of the act if I can, which should be doable. In the end I'd love to hit 60 before I face diablo, but I kinda doubt that'll work out.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

When doing act 3, keep in mind to nuke every door in the keep depths.

There can be a green exploding fallen anywhere and they hurt like "&%/"&%

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag ShadowHado-1348

Hey guys! Been a while!

Well, I FINALLY moved just over two weeks ago, but the crappy part is that I don't have my desk here yet. I have my laptop hooked up to my TV through HDMI, so theoretically I could play, but without my keyboard in front of me, and a nice-sized area for my mousepad, I think it would just be a little too awkward, and more importantly, a little too risky. I'm going to get my room finished during the holidays, so that if nothing else, I can setup a folding table or something temporarily.

I haven't played in over a month, so my DH is still in A3 Normal. Speaking of that, I'm prolly going to have to play another character for a little bit, just to make sure my movement and reflexes feel natural again. I've been playing a lot of console games lately (well, mainly Halo 4, as well as revisiting Skyrim,) so I'm guessing I'm going to be a little "off" at first, but maybe not.

Anywho, it's good to see people still keeping at it, and if I don't stop back in the next week or so- Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!

~~Nate

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag ShadowHado-1348

Quote Originally Posted by InteNuIgen View Post
    When doing act 3, keep in mind to nuke every door in the keep depths.

There can be a green exploding fallen anywhere and they hurt like "&%/"&%
    You know, ever since someone got caught by surprise by them, I've had a neon pink mini Post-It! Note at the bottom of my monitor reminding me to NOT forget those things, lol. ^ ^

BattleTag kestegs-1550

lol, guess you gotta do what you gotta do to remember

Act 3 is going good so far. I'll do an update maybe tomorrow.

Glad to hear you're getting close to back in action, Shadow!

IncGamers Member cheerupemokid10's Avatar
    BattleTag pizzle-1873

I haven't checked this thread in forever! Work was a nightmare leading up to the holidays and we got our son a WiiU for Christmas so I spent a lot of time working on the New Super Mario Bros. U. A ton a fun.

Anyways, I've spent some time working on a few SC chars here and there over break. But after seeing some more progress with Kestegs and re-interest, along with being tired of A3 alkaizer runs with barb/DH, I think I might re-enroll with a DH here soon. I know it is slow going in the beginning for them, but I've really taken a liking to the DH all over again and I think I'll take a try at the tourney again with one. Or maybe another run with WD since I never got my SC one to 60.

Either way, congrats on making it so far Kestegs! A3 NM is definitely nothing to scoff at! It's crazy to think that you are that high of level without even making it to Hell yet on self-found gear.

Hope to see some more jumping back into the fray here soon!

IncGamers Member cheerupemokid10's Avatar
    BattleTag pizzle-1873

I've been trying not to jinx myself like before so I have waited to post until I had some decent progress. I have started a DH and am really liking it so far. It was pretty slow going until I found a better 1h xbox. I prefer the speed over the damage for now, and also the bonus of being able to hold a shield for some blocking.

Only lvl 15 or 16 and am getting ready for the spider cavern right now. Been doing some Wortham runs to get more gear and try to get to lvl 17. I'm far away from NM, but it is seeming pretty promising so far. Let's hope I can catch up to Kestegs eventually.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Good luck cheerup, i am about to roll a dh or a barb soon and give this another try